Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I will say is this

If he stinks the joint out on Monday then we shouldn't automatically write him off

We should give him a chance to put in a sustained period of suckiness before getting the knives out

That's why I'm operating the three strike rule, and he's currently on zero strikes

Mikey it really doesnt even matter what he does at this point to some people, they are just sitting there waiting for him to make a mistake.

After his first appearances I was struggling to understand why Koeman had brought him to Goodison. I am not one for dismissing Everton players before they get a chance to prove themselves but Cuco was a challenge.
Now I am more willing to give him a go, when Seamus comes back he won't play unless it is a cup game against lower opposition. He appears to be willing to put a shift in for the shirt which is always a plus for me.
Koeman is doing a good job as far as I am concerned and he seems to rate him.
Finally in Cuco we didn't splash out £20 mill nor are we paying £100,000 per week. He is what he is, importantly he is ours.

He was brought in as cheap cover...can't be easy knowing you've got to win your fans over without even kicking a ball
Nowhere near as bad as some people presumed. Decent back up and can certainly cross a ball.
Seamus is first choice but he's injured and it would be daft to spend a huge amount to cover for a short period.

In short, give the guy a chance

Agree with what most people are saying. He seems to be doing an alright job at the moment, he even did ok at LB. Lets give the guy a chance we are only three games into the season. Would like to see him rotate with Kenny occasionally, if only to give the youngster a chance to shine.

I quite like this guy - he seems up for it and willing to impress. He fitted into the side really well against Split and had a good performance. Hopefully someone we can rely on to do a reasonably good job until Seamus is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back