Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
ay?

im comparing them off what I have seen pal, Kenny was quality for the u23's ( the few games I watched & the England world cup winning squad again what I watched ) and whenever in preseason ( and Norwich game at the end of 2 seasons ago ) where as cuco hasn't been any good in any game, theres a reason a mid table squad like Southampton didn't want him
How do you counter the fact that Big Ron did want him? Listen mate, I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong, but I do suspect Koeman knows a hell of a lot more about football than you do.

We'll never know the merits of Kenny if he doesn't get game time, that's my point. For instance, having made the bench last night, he could have played the last 20 mins when the game was won. I'm not overly anti Martina either, he just worries me positionally at times.
We're going in circles here a bit mate. My basic tenet is that day in-day out, Big Ron sees the relative playing merits of the squad...we don't. Furthermore, evidence substantiates that RK is not averse to promoting youth if they're ready. Does the fact that he hasn't promoted Kenny not lend you a clue that he might indeed not be ready?

How do you counter the fact that Big Ron did want him? Listen mate, I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong, but I do suspect Koeman knows a hell of a lot more about football than you do.

disagree with mostly all of this, just because he's a football manager doesn't mean he knows everything, sir alex signed bebe does it mean he is united quality? mourinho didn't want lukaku or de bruyne does it mean they weren't good enough?

I think koeman wanted cuco because he's worked with him before and knows what he's getting, he'll play the odd game here and there and when coleman is back fit won't get a look in

my point is though, why not give a youngster like a Kenny a go in a game which at one point was never in any doubt ( just say after pickford saved the penno )

again as someone else has said I am also not anti cuco, he just in opinion isn't good enough and shouldn't play unless absolutely necessary

We're going in circles here a bit mate. My basic tenet is that day in-day out, Big Ron sees the relative playing merits of the squad...we don't. Furthermore, evidence substantiates that RK is not averse to promoting youth if they're ready. Does the fact that he hasn't promoted Kenny not lend you a clue that he might indeed not be ready?
You asked my opinion, then critcised me for having one? The forum would be a bit beige if we all agreed with each other.
Heads off to the Europa draw thread.

You asked my opinion, then critcised me for having one? The forum would be a bit beige if we all agreed with each other.
Heads off to the Europa draw thread.
Criticised? Where was the criticism? I merely stated that RK is better informed than you (and me), on the relative playing merits of members in the Everton squad and that his team selection reflects that meritocracy.
It's not that long a bow to draw is it?

disagree with mostly all of this, just because he's a football manager doesn't mean he knows everything, sir alex signed bebe does it mean he is united quality? mourinho didn't want lukaku or de bruyne does it mean they weren't good enough?

I think koeman wanted cuco because he's worked with him before and knows what he's getting, he'll play the odd game here and there and when coleman is back fit won't get a look in

my point is though, why not give a youngster like a Kenny a go in a game which at one point was never in any doubt ( just say after pickford saved the penno )

again as someone else has said I am also not anti cuco, he just in opinion isn't good enough and shouldn't play unless absolutely necessary
Your making a big assumption that Coleman will automatically come back the same player after such a bad injury.Fingers crossed he does,but it's early days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back