Dan Meis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilarious little snippet from those idiots, but why would we expect any different? Our Europa League home attendance being 23,000 is probably true but that's because only about 15k showed up for that dead rubber against Atalanta when we were already out. The other two games had strong attendances. But why let the truth get in the way of a great story to bash us?

Cultist behaviour.
Excellent post apart from spelling the second to last word wrong, replace the L with an N.

How do people make the jump from 'brick built' to 'Its gonna be like Lucas Oil Stadium' ?
Goodison is also 'brick built', never see that compared to Lucas Oil Stadium.

Yep, underneath all that crap cladding ( the old cladding not the new bits and bobs that spruced it up a bit ) is lots of brickwork that suppoedly looked mighty fine.

Someone posted pics of it in the old Everton pics thread last year.

Reactions: kev

GIG 'EM

giphy.gif

Plus the world's largest military band. If anyone ever invades America, they're not going to start in Texas.

Lucas Oil is like an awful 90s shopping centre from the outside. It’s a terrible pastiche.

I’d be heartbroken if our ground was ruined with an exterior like that.

If the brick stadium spectrum runs from Lucas Oil to the new Chelsea stadium, I hope ours is closer to the latter.

8EAE60A3-02DF-46D1-B08E-07635A16E4C4.webp
EB55F35E-342B-4EB5-A382-477922B0A159.webp
F18C7088-EDD2-4A89-9343-A1E651AEAF06.webp

It may not be perfect, but at least they are trying something original.

Lucas Oil is like an awful 90s shopping centre from the outside. It’s a terrible pastiche.

If the brick stadium spectrum runs from Lucas Oil to the new Chelsea stadium, I hope ours is closer to the latter.

View attachment 45348 View attachment 45349 View attachment 45350

Looks cool in bottom 2 pics, that top pic is unbelievably hideous though and looks ridiculously out of place alongside the surrounding area !

View attachment 45348 View attachment 45349 View attachment 45350

Chelsea's is ghastly from the outside. But will be more like it from the inside.

Reactions: gmb
I personally don't understand the dislike for the Lucas Oil Stadium, looks modern but also retro at same time. Seems to be a proper marmite design.

Not a fan me.

For one, from the outside, (which a lot of folk will see on pics and that), it doesnt look like a sports facility, let alone a football ground. Looks like a train station/warehouse/prison.

Imagine it. On a ferry/cruise liner over the tannoy. "And if you look left, further up from the Liver Building, there, that bit, its actually not a warehouse, no honest, its not, its a football stadium"

Not that iconic is it?

Be happy with any attendance north of 55k, especially so if it comes with a fully realised version of what we are seeing in sketches mate.

Steep as can be single stand home end, allowances for a standing section drawn into the plans, away fans in the arse end corner high up etc and even like the massive video screen being there.

Meiss may be utterly shocking at times on social media and keeping his gob shut, but there is a reason he constantly gets high profile stadium designs - because frankly he is very very good at his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back