Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think that they probably wanted him all along but decided to get rid because the fans disliked him so much
That's always been my thoughts on it mate. Not on mega money and happy to scrimp and save with his transfer budget, the Dildo Brothers shat it when the fans complained about not playing the 'West Ham' way.

He'll do his usual job,tighten them up defensively making them harder to beat,might well keep them up.Just what he can do in the Prem.Better option for them than anyone else who might be available given their position.

He'll do his usual job,tighten them up defensively making them harder to beat,might well keep them up.Just what he can do in the Prem.Better option for them than anyone else who might be available given their position.
Interesting really... does make you grateful for what Dunc did.

If we’d lost the Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal games (which, let’s be honest could you see any other outcome under Silva?) we’d’ve been 18th, 1pt from 17th and 4 behind 16th...

Makes you wonder, would Carlo have been so willing to take the job in those circumstances? Really think those 5pts made a massive difference to our prospects.

I imagine a lot of the comments made in this thread are very similar to the comments made on other club's fan forums about Carlo coming to us. "he'll keep us up but no more than that", "he'll lose his job in 12 months", "last chance to manage in the Premier League".

The reality is no one knows how any new manager will turn out but I know I'd rather have Ancelotti than Moyes. I'd love to see him fail again and take them down.

Every man and his dog knows that even if he keeps them up they will sack him off again.

It’s lose lose for Moyes, he keeps them up and loses his job again or he takes them down, loses his job and never gets another chance to manage a premier league side again.

At worst, like Allardyce here, he'll get 18 months pay for six months work. For a man in his late 50's, that's not a bad deal.

Plus, they're not in quite the dire straights they were last time, so he might not have to grind out quite so many results this time which could mean he'll be less hated by the end of the season and see out his contract.

The six month thing is more likely though.

Interesting really... does make you grateful for what Dunc did.

If we’d lost the Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal games (which, let’s be honest could you see any other outcome under Silva?) we’d’ve been 18th, 1pt from 17th and 4 behind 16th...

Makes you wonder, would Carlo have been so willing to take the job in those circumstances? Really think those 5pts made a massive difference to our prospects.
What he did in those important games should never be underestimated,also gave Ancelotti the springboard to get the last two wins.As you say may well have made us too dicey a prospect to take on if they'd been lost and also restricted the type of player we may try to sign who might not have fancied a Winters relegation fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back