Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours that Moyes wants Duncan with him.
I doubt it. Its not like he took Big Dunc with him to Man Utd, or Real Sociedad or Sunderland or West Ham the first time is it? Why would he wait all this time do ask the big man? And why would Big Dunc leave the club he loves to join Moyes at West Ham in a job that will at best last the duration of Moyes's eighteen mouth contract?

Gone at the end of the season regardless.

One step up from Allardyce.
I'm not so sure this time. I think he might actually get to see next season and his contract out if he gets them doing a little better (not a hard task). Who could they go for even in the summer much better? Sure there's loads of better managers out there but how many of them would want to go near West Ham?

I mean they'll be organized, players at least at everton generally liked him and w/ a few exceptions few angled to leave (though they make more money and have more power these days).

And he does have an eye for talent, its just I don't know if he understands the transfer market anymore (think this was also Wegner's failing too albeit in a slightly different way). A #$%^ version of Arteta or Cahill is going to cost you 30M. You can't build a team on young players from the championship and young players who got lost in the shuffle/didn't work out at big clubs like he did at Everton anymore. Big clubs are holding onto their players (and profiting from them w/ the broken loan system) and in the championship they aren't in a rush to sell their best either. And most importantly no club will give him the time to do that like he had at everton.

He'll get them tightened up at the back and get a tune out of Haller like he did with Arnautovic. He'll get them up to mid-table and that's where they will stay until they sack him and go for another 'big name' who will fail as Pellegrini did and the cycle will continue ad nauseam. West Ham, innit.

I'm not so sure this time. I think he might actually get to see next season and his contract out if he gets them doing a little better (not a hard task). Who could they go for even in the summer much better? Sure there's loads of better managers out there but how many of them would want to go near West Ham?

Nah, their fans won’t have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back