Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame all their players are gash.
I’d love us to put a bid in for one of his best players and see how he handled it.

Unforgivable that joint bid for Baines and Fellaini when he knew our financial situation better than anyone else.
But the "best players" are their worst performers. Would hate to have a useless article like Felipe Anderson here, stinking the place out.

Ed Woodward was a gem in that window - bid low for Fellaini and Baines, tried to force Barcelona lower in his Barry Chuckle-esque quest to sign Fabrigas... lol

Think Felipe Anderson would do well under a quality manager. He has so much ability, but under Moyes that’s wasted. Unless he can develop his crossing, as Moyes likes a crosser (if I’m not mistaken the 80 odd crosses his Man U outfit delivered vs Fulham is a PL record...maybe Wimbledon or Stoke would rival that).

In terms of the two transfer stories today...during Moysie’s demolition job at Man U, with Bale, the helicopter was ready to pick him up says Moyes. Thiago, Fergie’s parting gift, Moyes didn’t know enough about him, so reneged. Under Fergie (or a top manager) chances are Bale would have joined Man U. Cesc likewise. No way would Kroos have joined an outfit managed by him having just won the World Cup, so that ‘done deal’ story of him joining United had Moyes stayed was likely nonsense. Top players ain’t attracted to career suicide.

Lumbering Man U with elbows Fellaini, in addition to removing the fear factor at the club as records galore tumbled (West Brom first win at OT since Tom Baker was Doctor Who, Swansea’s first in their history, Newcastle since before their last trophy win etc.) he transformed that club in a similar manner as Souness did the RS. A wrecking ball of an appointment by Fergie.

Whereas United went into games feeling 10 feet tall under Fergie, Moyes made them feel small. While Fergie focused on the strengths of his own team, Moysie focused on opposition players (Coutinho, Hazard etc.), with Rio Ferdinand saying all of a sudden they began to worry about the opponents more, and questioned their own ability. One aspect of the Moysie effect.

With United being a multi billion pound business, one of the three biggest sports teams on the planet along with Barcelona and Real Madrid, a United fan on Redcafe stated Moyes should be taken up for ‘corporate sabotage’. While that won’t happen, it’s what he did. He started it before his first day began...Manchester United managed by David Moyes, Real Madrid managed by Sean Dyche, Barcelona managed by Tony Pulis. Overnight it’s a different club.

There’s been a gloom at OT ever since Fergie’s catastrophic appointment walked through the door. He was only there 10 months, but the damage remains.

(if I’m not mistaken the 80 odd crosses his Man U outfit delivered vs Fulham is a PL record...

I am absolutely convinced that the United players took the mick that game. They knew by then Moyes was no Fergie, and the coaches he replaced the United ones with were grades below the ones he booted.

A "get early balls in lads" was taken to extremes on the pitch I reckon.

Putting aside anybody's personal feelings about West Ham fans, you have to feel for them massively. The loss of identity and home under the current ownership, and the lack of overarching vision in transfer strategy and team building, are just abysmal to watch. It is said that Sullivan has an agent buddy (Salthouse) that essentially dictates transfer strategy (when they actually have money to spend). And IIRC Karren Brady declared West Ham a club "without culture" before the move to the London Stadium.
Couldn’t agree more. They’ve lost their identity since leaving their home. The worst example is US sports teams that move location at the drop of a hat...soulless, corporate empty vessels devoid of any connection to the community (the “owners” lifting the trophy first the most galling of all)...while West Ham haven’t stooped this low, they aren’t far of it.

Arsenal should never have left Highbury either. Granted the housing around the stadium didn’t leave much room to expand...but now they’ve just got a soulless bowl as their “home”...could be anyone’s home.

I am absolutely convinced that the United players took the mick that game. They knew by then Moyes was no Fergie, and the coaches he replaced the United ones with were grades below the ones he booted.

A "get early balls in lads" was taken to extremes on the pitch I reckon.
Could well be the case. Players were shell shocked from the managerial transition.

Another gem from Moysie is playing a half fit Van Persie for the full 90 minutes in a game, thus risking injury. When asked why he didn’t take him off at half time (Man U were losing 1-0), Moyes responded he would have been hackled by the crowd. He should have been fired on the spot.

We should make a public offer of £15mil for Declan Rice.

Then when thats rejected, £15mil for Issa Diop.

Brands then goes public on how we like them but Moyes isnt letting them go but should do for the good of their careers

Shame all their players are gash.
I’d love us to put a bid in for one of his best players and see how he handled it.

Unforgivable that joint bid for Baines and Fellaini when he knew our financial situation better than anyone else.
I’d take Antonio as a squad player. Could make an impact off the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back