Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they’ll go down this year along with Bournemouth and Norwich. Villa to escape by the skin of their teeth.

Objectively I'd prefer both Villa and West Ham to go down, but that won't happen.

With blue-tinted glasses, both clubs at least have the potential to do much better, Villa in particular are still a "big" club in old money, and a potential threat to us.

West Ham have a favourable run-in, but I wouldn't back Moyes to get results when backs are to the wall.

Hes been unlucky with west ham , hes done it to himself, if he wasn't weak as piss maybe refs would think twice of giving decisions against him.

Desperate times for the Hammers now.

I think Moysie will throw caution to the wind , and adopt the following set up for all remaining games.

5-1-3-1.

West Ham fans happy with the dullard....

EbOct1AWAAE5P_8

One man got laughed out the club, one man got a heroes reception....

Defensively we were a shambles towards the end under Martinez and he had to go.

With the ball we played some great stuff at times though. We where just infuriatingly inconsistent not just from game to game but throughout games.

We played some good football under Moyes as well in spells, particularly around 07-09. Just a shame we couldn’t win a trophy in that period because it was a good team

Objectively I'd prefer both Villa and West Ham to go down, but that won't happen.

With blue-tinted glasses, both clubs at least have the potential to do much better, Villa in particular are still a "big" club in old money, and a potential threat to us.

West Ham have a favourable run-in, but I wouldn't back Moyes to get results when backs are to the wall.
To be honest, he did it with us enough to make me suspect they will stay up reasonably comfortably. In the games they should win, he has tended to get results.

They should have beaten Brighton, bar some farcical defending, and they should have drawn Sheffield, but had a ridiculous VAR decision go against them. Was also disappointed when Fabianski made a mess of it to give Liverpool a result they didn’t deserve. But the RS have had the run of the green this season.

They spanked Bournemouth and Southampton, so think they have enough for Newcastle, Villa, Burnley, etc.

Very fortunate that other teams are doing his job of keeping them up by simply being even crapper than West Ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back