Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yarmolenko has an awful injury record, his body isn't fit for PL footy anymore, neither is Lanzini and it's almost 2 years since Anderson showed any sort of consistent form. Haller definitely deserves another chance though.

you have to wonder what's the cause and effect here; West ham are cutting corners everywhere, training ground, Management team, the stadium & you would guess on sports science. Have to question the decline of the players in their squad.

Fabianski
Cresswell
Ogbonna
Diop
Lanzini
Snodgrass
Rice
Soucek (very very good)
Anderson
Bowen
Yarmelenko
Antonio

This lot should be nowhere near a relegation battle, never mind nailed on for it & you have to wonder if good players are being ruined by the club rather than them recruiting rubbish

I also wonder if privately, their players are telling potential signings to stay away.

Haller only works if you play him in a 3 and Moyes is never going to do that, he would be having heart palpitations with 3 upfront. Also a number of the players are not really playing in their best positions but we don't see what goes on in training. I just listened before to that Sullivan interview and i really do think it would be best for all concerned if GSB step away from West Ham.
Thing is, they only have one recognized striker. Moyes converted Antonio, and he kept them up. Much like Arnautovic. They could play Haller central, with Bowen and Antonio wide, but Moyes has tried this already (with some success).

Thing is, they need someone on the left who can cover for Cresswell, so that rules Anderson out. The system against Arsenal actually looked quite promising. Not sure they want to ply back 5 long term though.

Antonio probably makes the (fair) point that he has earned his shot as main striker.

you have to wonder what's the cause and effect here; West ham are cutting corners everywhere, training ground, Management team, the stadium & you would guess on sports science. Have to question the decline of the players in their squad.

Fabianski
Cresswell
Ogbonna
Diop
Lanzini
Snodgrass
Rice
Soucek (very very good)
Anderson
Bowen
Yarmelenko
Antonio

This lot should be nowhere near a relegation battle, never mind nailed on for it & you have to wonder if good players are being ruined by the club rather than them recruiting rubbish

I also wonder if privately, their players are telling potential signings to stay away.
I think you are making the mistake many made with us. On paper they are alright, but they are not a cohesive team.

They ended last season looking very strong, but the board have undermined rather than build on that progress.

Lanzini looks finished after a bad injury and many of those names are the wrong side of 30. Reminds me of the team Moyes inherited from Walter Smith.

Fabianski
Cresswell
Ogbonna
Diop
Lanzini
Snodgrass
Rice
Soucek (very very good)
Anderson
Bowen
Yarmelenko
Antonio

Most of those players are well past it though mate. Like Creswell, Lanzini, Snodgrass, Yarmelenko etc. Look good on paper but haven't fancied it for years.

Outside of Rice I dont think there are many PL quality players there, hence why nobody is cuing up to buy them. I even think Soucek is limited, Moyes is just making him look decent. Under a different manager hes just found out.

They were nose diving to 20th place when Noyes arrived. He somehow kept them up, and theyve some 4 or 5 since then. Mad really.

I think you are making the mistake many made with us. On paper they are alright, but they are not a cohesive team.

They ended last season looking very strong, but the board have undermined rather than build on that progress.

Lanzini looks finished after a bad injury and many of those names are the wrong side of 30. Reminds me of the team Moyes inherited from Walter Smith.

They are good in the same way people look at us as players like Sigurdsson and Delph and go "oh they're good" without knowing theyve fallen off a cliff.

Most of those players are well past it though mate. Like Creswell, Lanzini, Snodgrass, Yarmelenko etc. Look good on paper but haven't fancied it for years.

Outside of Rice I dont think there are many PL quality players there, hence why nobody is cuing up to buy them. I even think Soucek is limited, Moyes is just making him look decent. Under a different manager hes just found out.

They were nose diving to 20th place when Noyes arrived. He somehow kept them up, and theyve some 4 or 5 since then. Mad really.

Yeah that is fair - I suppose my point is why the nosedive, A bunch of dreadful coaches back to back, very poor sporting infastructure at the club & a general lack of desire to improve as individuals and a club.

Apt quote here - Sometimes it's the barrel that's rotten, not the Apples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back