Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Deal Of The Decade.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont buy the whole fitness injuries thing not for half a season anyway, am i the only one that remembers him giving the ball away with most of his passing or looseing posession in midfeild.

He was ok but he wasnt mega.

Mourone qualified for the CL at 19 and would have played at 20 if he hadnt moved to a superior club.

Fernades never moved for 15 million wonder why that is maybe the same reason hes not here. Lie i say i liked him, and remember being one of the few that did. But theres a reason hes not here plain and simple Moyes didnt bid 15 mill for him!

I think your forgetting that we actually bid for Fellaini on the last day of the transfer window.

Standard didn't have to sell, Kenwright and Moyes were desperate because if they didnt spend one single penny, then they would of got lynched.

He isn't worth 15 million, Moyes knew it, he was just desperate to bring in a decent player and had to pay over the odds.

I think your forgetting that we actually bid for Fellaini on the last day of the transfer window.

Standard didn't have to sell, Kenwright and Moyes were desperate because if they didnt spend one single penny, then they would of got lynched.

He isn't worth 15 million, Moyes knew it, he was just desperate to bring in a decent player and had to pay over the odds.

See, yet more speculation.

Bad gossiper you lad.

Ha ha i beleive you find the deal was negotiated over a number of weeks following the Liverpool game, and he was well scouted, well it does say a lot if he rated Fellini desperately over Fernandes whom he had for essentially two halfs of a season to sign.

But to be honest mate, you post is speculation at best, and frankly ive never known Bill or Moyes to be anything but frugle when it comes to cash, which kinda defeats many of your arguments in other posts! Either they spend big money on players or dont!:lol:

I dont buy the whole fitness injuries thing not for half a season anyway, am i the only one that remembers him giving the ball away with most of his passing or looseing posession in midfeild.

He was ok but he wasnt mega.

Mourone qualified for the CL at 19 and would have played at 20 if he hadnt moved to a superior club.

Fernades never moved for 15 million wonder why that is maybe the same reason hes not here. Lie i say i liked him, and remember being one of the few that did. But theres a reason hes not here plain and simple Moyes didnt bid 15 mill for him!

Valencia bought Fernandes for around 14 million, there's not a big difference to be honest.

I remember him giving possession away in his first few games, once he got fitter he didn't. As proven by his stats at the end of the season, 79% pass completion which was on par with both Pienaar and Arteta. In his first spell he very rarely gave the ball away.

Moyes was willing to pay 12 million for him last summer mate, if Valencia hadn't come in and all the third party issue bollocks we would have signed him for 12 million.

Fellaini got knocked out of the Champions League at 20 at the first hurdle. Fernandes got to the Semi's with Benfica and beat teams like Liverpool, Villarreal and Man utd before being knocked out by Valencia. He was a year younger than Fellaini.

For me they are both potentially excellent players if they fulfill there potential. But I look at there attributes and there roles they fill and Fernandes just wins for me. I wish that wasn't the case, I really do but thats how I see it.

Ha ha i beleive you find the deal was negotiated over a number of weeks following the Liverpool game, and he was well scouted, well it does say a lot if he rated Fellini desperately over Fernandes whom he had for essentially two halfs of a season to sign.

But to be honest mate, you post is speculation at best, and frankly ive never known Bill or Moyes to be anything but frugle when it comes to cash, which kinda defeats many of your arguments in other posts! Either they spend big money on players or dont!:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Get out of that one cal. Kenwrong is either a tightfisted ****!! or he spends over the odds. Which is it to be?

unzips neiler again**

He scores goals, good in the air. Good on the floor, can pass the ball. an so on, an so on!!

Fernandes is a deep lieing midfield, and to score 2 quality goals is brilliant. He also has a number of assists including an absolute world class ball to Villa.

Fellaini isn't even that good in the air, considering he's 6 foot [Poor language removed] 4 :lol:

He tried to sign Fernandes and was willing to pay 12 million, if you don't remember?

fellaini is only 20 years old and has already stamped some authority on the game, granted his passes go astray occasionally and is going to take time to adapt to the pace, but he is only going to get better. and in todays market, £15m could well prove a snip, only time will tell.

:lol::lol::lol:

Get out of that one cal. Kenwrong is either a tightfisted ****!! or he spends over the odds. Which is it to be?

unzips neiler again**

Jesus christ. He spent 15 million on ONE player in the summer.

If you remember back in the summer, you were [Poor language removed] furious over it.

I also think you don't rate Fellaini as much as you let on, because you love putting down Manny. Blinkered.

If you remember back in the summer, you were [Poor language removed] furious over it.

I also think you don't rate Fellaini as much as you let on, because you love putting down Manny. Blinkered.

Still am, mate. Was a [Poor language removed] trick. Watch this space an all that [Poor language removed]. Im proper made up with Fellaini thou, really think he'll be the nuts.

Lads when we bid for him (and lets not forget him doing a runner) he wasnt our first choice if i remember correctly we bid for Gonzalez before him. Again it was a reported 12 mill i guess wel never know as he never signed. Still not 15 though is it.

Frankly we dodged a bullit there!

Last edited:
Lads when we bid for him (and lets not forget him doing a runner) he wasnt our first choice if i remember correctly we bid for Gonzalez before him.

We where rumoured to be after Gonzalez, nowere did it say we put in a bid for him.

Prove he did a runner mate, get me the facts and we'll talk about it. Bringing things up that have nothing to do with his abililty, or Fellaini's ability.

But what a player though! Id say we lahed out a couple of mill on loaning Castillo though, personally i think theres more in reserve, but i wouldnt speculate! :P

Lads when we bid for him (and lets not forget him doing a runner) he wasnt our first choice if i remember correctly we bid for Gonzalez before him. Again it was a reported 12 mill i guess wel never know as he never signed. Still not 15 though is it.

[Poor language removed] me, your like Yoda tonight mate..

thumbnail.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back