2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its this simple for me, hes a high quality player, probably one of the highest quality in our squad, we're talking someone who can do double digits in goals and assists in a season, that is priceless in the PL.

The rub is he needs to play in the Cahill role and he need to play in a team with possession and a double pivot in behind and you need to set up more open to accommodate him, you need to be patient with him, even if he doesn't look like hes doing a lot, hes a stealth player, who operates in moments. With every point on the line we cant play anything other then containment and counter attacking football at the moment and that doesn't accommodate him.

Its that simple to my mind. If we stay up i like to think we have a big weapon on our hands next season, if we add other players that accommodate him behind and on the flanks (hopefully we will be in the PL).

Frank has said in the long term he doesn't want to play these negative grindy tactics and that we are forced to play this way due to our situation. If we stay up perhaps Ali will get more game time in a more attack minded team next season ?
if anything frank has shown that he is able to be a pragmatic coach, have a preferred style but switch to grinds our results.
Unless you have an unlimited budget, managers need this

According to you, Bill gave Begovic another year on his contract. But he didn't have anything to do with this signing. Just shut up.
Well Bill and Frank will hopefully be working together now, it's what we need, a manager who has a working relationship with the chairman and the absent owner to stay absent

Its this simple for me, hes a high quality player, probably one of the highest quality in our squad, we're talking someone who can do double digits in goals and assists in a season, that is priceless in the PL.

The rub is he needs to play in the Cahill role and he need to play in a team with possession and a double pivot in behind and you need to set up more open to accommodate him, you need to be patient with him, even if he doesn't look like hes doing a lot, hes a stealth player, who operates in moments. With every point on the line we cant play anything other then containment and counter attacking football at the moment and that doesn't accommodate him.

Its that simple to my mind. If we stay up i like to think we have a big weapon on our hands next season, if we add other players that accommodate him behind and on the flanks (hopefully we will be in the PL).

Spot on this.

I will add that im not sure he is the type of player that fans will give much time to.

When he goes missing or quiet on the periods he doesn't score….he does very little, which just is the way for these types of players….fans wont like that, not our fans anyway.

Spot on this.

I will add that im not sure he is the type of player that fans will give much time to.

When he goes missing or quiet on the periods he doesn't score….he does very little, which just is the way for these types of players….fans wont like that, not our fans anyway.
That’s why sigurdsson was disliked despite being quite productive

That’s why sigurdsson was disliked despite being quite productive

Agree completely, not all good players will be good for us, as we have seen too many times.

other fans say we are hard to please and that may be true, but we need to see a player work hard, to become popular they need to represent how we feel.

We needed a DMand CB but signed someone who is permanently injured and a playmaker who goes missing.
Seems we've learned nothing from Walsh and Brands

I feel a bit sorry for a lot of the attacking players to be honest. The defence is such a shambles that it feels like the entire team had to defend for 90 minutes just to have any chance of keeping a clean sheet. You see other teams were the number 10 might not do much for a while and then can spring into life. We’re in a situation where if a single player anywhere on the pitch loses a tackle or doesn’t track a runner more often than not the ball ends up in the net.

Leicester away was a prime example, a whole match of solid graft then Gray doesn’t work back once, Kenny doesn’t block the cross, and the CBs let Barnes have a free header he should have scored. We basically made two defensive errors in the whole game and conceded from one and almost from the other.

We can’t include a player like Dele until the defence resembles something like a premier league outfit and can stand on its own in a 4, a competent defensive mid would help as well. Maybe then our attackers would be able to have some composure upfront rather than being knackered defending for 90 mins up and down the pitch.

I think people are deluding themselves by believing he's being saved for next season.

The idea that someone who is supposedly still good enough to play in a decent team wouldn't get a sniff at a club struggling at the bottom is pure fantasy.

I think people are deluding themselves by believing he's being saved for next season.

The idea that someone who is supposedly still good enough to play in a decent team wouldn't get a sniff at a club struggling at the bottom is pure fantasy.
It’s more nuanced than that though. If he isn’t quiet up to speed you can afford to play him if you are safely midtable. If you are scrapping for every point you can’t risk that

Status
Not open for further replies.