2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
….made a huge difference, played a big part in helping to turn the game around.

Watch that and wonder why he’s not had more game time, watch that and wonder why I thought he’s been a poor signing because of his lack of impact.

We’ll see.

The biggest mystery is why he preferred Gomes when he wanted someone to keep more of the ball. Especially when Dele can also be a bit of snide and get stuck in, and Gomes has a tendency to watch players ghost by him.

Be interesting to see him play 90mins vs Arsenal in a 4 3 3, shackles off kind of a game.

The biggest mystery is why he preferred Gomes when he wanted someone to keep more of the ball. Especially when Dele can also be a bit of snide and get stuck in, and Gomes has a tendency to watch players ghost by him.

Be interesting to see him play 90mins vs Arsenal in a 4 3 3, shackles off kind of a game.

…Lampard’s selections continually confuse me but he got the job done in the end.

…which concerns me. Hopefully, he’ll learn that it’s the players who deliver on the pitch you rely on.

If you look at him historically, hes always been that way, he made comments about Dele in training to. Hes actually quite the disciplinarian and old school training wise i believe - he demands maximum effort and that is integrated into to thought processes on selection. You can see + and - in that. I think that explains the likes of Gomes and Kenny selections.

Lampard gets a fair few things wrong tactically, but hard part is done now, he’s got a summer to get himself fine tuned and help pushing the club on.

That Alli signing could prove to be pivotal.

Status
Not open for further replies.