2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice theory. You're ignoring the fact that Spurs gave him to us for free in the first place though, I suspect that Daniel Levy will think he's already done enough to try to give Dele Alli a chance to resurrect his career at minimal cost to Everton.

Probably. He’s not getting any money though unless Dele suddenly finds his best ever form out of nowhere.

Harper Lee's words always seem profound when you find out more about people, 'you never really understand someone until you consider life from their point of view, until you climb in his skin and walk round in it'.
I tried climbing in someone's skin and walking around in it. Definitely would not recommend. I've got another 20 years before I get considered for parole.

Cant believe people are still throwing the rich people cant or shouldnt have mental health issues. The fact that he made it at the very top and become rich given what we know now is unbelievable.

I couldnt imagine being rich and famous anyway with the scrutiny, pressures and abuse these days. Imagine having his childhood trauma and adding that on top. Its credit to him that he's still here.

Brave thing for him to do, not to mention incredibly mature.

Glad our club is supporting him but Spurs could have done better and owe him one really.

Up to Dyche really - I'm guessing he doesn't try the on the mind games that Mourinho and Conte do, so it may be a better place for Dele.

Or if Pochettino is a father figure, a loan to Chelsea ?

Can only wish the lad all the best and hope he gets his career back on track. Undoubtedly a very talented player and if he happens to sort his form out playing for us then so be it. Most important thing is him getting better and hopefully coming out and speaking about it (which anyone who has had mental health issues will tell you is the biggest and best step) sets him on track.

What a human being Dele is. That interview, is perhaps, a reminder to some who can’t wait to stick the boot into players by questioning why their mental health is an issue when it should be solved by all the money they have earnt. He’s gone through the sort of trauma that would easily finish people off and has the courage to find himself help to be the best person he can be. It takes a special kind of creature to not have empathy and respect for him after that.

Sincerely hope he gets himself better and overcomes his obstacles, that took bravery, the sort of bravery lacking by a few perfect bells on here, showing themselves up as not only bad judges of players I’ve already noticed but bad judges of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back