2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play to the lad for recognising and addressesing the long term impacts of his childhood and taking responsibility for his actions in the last few years. Hopefully he can move forward in his career and most importantly personal life.

I do always find it sad that it gets to the stage that people suffering feel they have to go the public disclosure route but i suppose thats part of the times we live in. It also sounds like this may have been a bit early for such a thing for him but it was kind of forced upon him by the vulture journalists contacting his team. Lets hope he gets some benefit from talking so openly.

Mate I wouldn't hold out any hope of a review of this deal from Levy. I'm guessing Levy will absolutely feel that the deal he negotiated with us at the time priced-in all that risk. We got him for nothing up-front, so they took that risk.

Yes but given his struggles if we dont play him, he leaves at the end of the season free so Spurs make nothing on his transfer. Nobody will pay £10m now to take him so the odds on Spurs seeing that £10m is very slim.

At lesst if they are willing to renegotiate, they could see some £, we can take the chance as the fee is acceptable and Dele gets a fresh start

Fair play to the lad for recognising and addressesing the long term impacts of his childhood and taking responsibility for his actions in the last few years. Hopefully he can move forward in his career and most importantly personal life.

I do always find it sad that it gets to the stage that people suffering feel they have to go the public disclosure route but i suppose thats part of the times we live in. It also sounds like this may have been a bit early for such a thing for him but it was kind of forced upon him by the vulture journalists contacting his team. Lets hope he gets some benefit from talking so openly.

You can guarantee it was the s*n involved

I have empathy for the young man, but surely if we cannot renegotiate a deal with Spurs, we cannot afford to play him in competitive matches.

Am I missing something here?

…..given his level of performance in recent times, I very much doubt he’d be considered for competitive matches anyway.

I have empathy for the young man, but surely if we cannot renegotiate a deal with Spurs, we cannot afford to play him in competitive matches.

If he found a way back to his previous level, it would be well worth the money.

Let's see how he gets on pre-season, I suspect he'll move on but wish nothing but the best for him.

I think it means we’ll wait a bit longer and he’ll get some pre-season to impress Dyche which is risky but I think that’s what we’ll do because the upside of a good Dele would be huge

I don’t think anyone would be massively surprised if we brought in an attacker for £20m or so and Elanga for £10m for example and then saw Gray and maybe another like Maupay or Iwobi leave for a bit of money

It could be that paying some appearance fees for Dele along the course of the season is seen as better than signing a striker for £20m

Well done Deli,that must have been a tough interview to do.
Talking about your problem is often the best start to overcoming your issues. It is similar to what I've been through in the last couple of years,which is why I havnt been posting recently,I have come off all other social media sites to help myself.
Good to know that we have treated Dele in the right way.
A big if but if he can regain his love of football and enjoy all that entails then would love to see him do that for us.If not then he will still have moved forward for himself,which is the most important thing.

That was a tough watch. The childhood that poor lad had. He seems to want to play for us and prove that he's still got it. If he gets back to anywhere near his best we've got a player. I'd take a chance on him.
I watched a Sky thing last week about leadership. One of the things that was said was that people need to know that leaders care about them and know who they are. Sean Dyche seems to be doing exactly that.

Yes, I was not talking about that. I've since watched the full video and I can sympathise a lot more than my initial post suggested as I wasn't aware of that. Let this post set the record straight on that.

Empathy isn`t exactly shining out from you there is it ?

Have a quick look in the depression thread and you`ll see many blues, struggling with a myriad of problems, depression, anxiety, gambling, drink, drugs, marital problems, self esteem problems, work etc

Then have a look at their fellow blues, who without judgement, are trying to support them, offering help and advice, sometimes even meeting up with posters that they`ve never met, to try and help them out.

I strongly suggest , that you stop posting in this thread, as you really aren`t doing yourself any favours, are you Butters ?

I think Spurs may have a problem here and will want to settle all the issues with EFC and player at same time.
I also think there’ll be a few more issues around clubs handing out sleeping pills like sweets. That just can’t be right.
My heart goes out to Dele.
It was rather odd how they both excepted its recognized practice within football. Never thought about of sleeping tablets as part and parcel of professional football.

Status
Not open for further replies.