2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance we can see him tomorrow I wonder? Supposedly a couple of weeks behind the rest so might be ready to get a few minutes in a friendly...not seeing any training videos for a while..

Are you struggling to see the link between not supporting one of our players and being a bad supporter?

The only thing I struggle with is how being realistic about a player's prospects is mutually exclusive to supporting him.

I can believe he's won't play a part for us, but wish he scores 12 goals and be proven wrong.

I just don't think him being a key cog to our season is realistic.

Hope I'm wrong. But it's blind hope.

The only thing I struggle with is how being realistic about a player's prospects is mutually exclusive to supporting him.

I can believe he's won't play a part for us, but wish he scores 12 goals and be proven wrong.

I just don't think him being a key cog to our season is realistic.

Hope I'm wrong. But it's blind hope.
Oh yeah, I've no problem with that. That's certainly a realistic possibility and I don't expect much from Dele this season either. But that's not really capturing Pedro's take though, where he's completely writing the lad off before he's even back in full training. That's not being realistic, that's just being a bad supporter.

I think the fact that he missed the entire preseason and is still coming back to fitness cut his chances of playing dramatically. That and any signings we make may push him further down the order. But… a good subby appearance can change everything for him. He needs to put the work in but we’ll see yeah.
Any signings we can afford could never push him down the order. The abysmal Tom Davies would be safe compared to what we will buy.

I feel for the lad, but can't see it happening.
I Doubt Dyche even has him in his plans for the upcoming season, training well or not.
The lad has basically got 6 games to prove himself.
Can anyone realistically see Dyche planning ahead with Dele in his thoughts.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's taken out of his hands anyway..

Am I a bad fan, or am I being realistic.

I'm not getting personal, I said you were a sh*te fan, which you demonstrably are.
Obviously we are all behind him recovering from his problems. But being realistic about the chances doesn't make you a bad supporter. Especially given the complex situation with the deal with Spurs.

No need to get personal mate.
We're all blues on here + should respect each other.
I don't think he'll ever be the same player + his career is over.
It's an opinion you don't agree with.
Cool. We don't need to bad mouth each other.

if he gets to 60% of what he was he still be our best player

Status
Not open for further replies.