2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was happy when we signed him.
Thought he just needed a fresh start and the reboot would do him good.
Could've been a hero here if he applied himself.

Clearly isn't that fussed about football and just enjoys the life that it brings him.
That's how it seems to me anyway.

I see people saying he's depressed but he literally seems the opposite to me.
Completely care free is the impression I get from him.
Dele on the Telly.

Maybe he'll rekindle his love for the game at some point.
Shame it didn't work out with us but we gave it a go.

Good Luck.

Next..

If that’s the deal being offered, I’m staggered a Bournemouth or the like haven’t taken a punt. Free loan, half the wage being paid, and no silly obligated payments if he plays a certain amount of games. It’s a completely free (nearly) hit for someone.

I‘m not sure I understand what you mean by the slightly ambiguous phrasing of “passed on” for this mate.
Do you mean we’ve now burdened Besiktas with the financial obligations (which I’m certain any Turkish club would never agree to) or that Everton have said “no” we arent going to play him anymore and therefore won’t be liable for a £10m payment after 6/7 more games when he reaches the magical 20 appearances figure?
what I was alluding to was that I don’t believe any Turkish club would ever buy a player they could keep loaning
Basically moved our loan over to the Turkish club.

Good luck to the lad. Hope he has a good season and gets back to enjoying playing football again.

Right business decision for us, it was a poor decision to sign him and didn't work out for whatever reason

I hope he finds direction and success in Turkey.

I like him. He’s an unusual and interesting character - and I’m disappointed he couldn’t rediscover his best form with us.

All the best, Dele.
I dont think we are allowed to feel sorry for people who have as much money as him, but I do.

Never really liked the lad much, always came across as a bit of a bell.

But since he signed ive read a bit more about him and I really do hope the lad finds happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.