2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is he back training with us after his contract has ended? Can he not train with Spurs, since he seemed well able and happy to go down to London to watch them while not being fit to play for us? I`m all in for helping former players that are having a bad time of it and getting them back on their feet, but have we not done enough for this guy already over the last 2 years, 100k a week? We owe him nothing, so what are we doing getting him fit so he can play elsewhere.
He’s done it just to make you cry mate

Renegotiating the deal absolutely makes sense for Spurs.

If Everton are interested in keeping the player and giving him a chance then we are the only hope Spurs have of getting anything.
If Dele leaves Everton then Spurs get nothing.

Everton cannot afford to give Dele a new deal and pay Spurs a fee, it would be lunacy.
If Spurs do give Everton a different alternative and Dele somehow regains his form then Spurs will get a fee from Everton.

Levy would give up a paltry sum of money long before he allowed us to benefit in any way from the deal. They don’t need the money.

They sign players just to stop us buying them. Levy absolutely hates us and I suspect it goes back to around 2011/12 when we refused to allow Moyes to speak to them when they wanted him.

it must be a very complicated contract, as even when his contract has expired, if we sign him to a new contract, we still have to pay spurs a fee if we play him?

Personally I don't see a way were he plays football for Everton. I think we are just trying to help him out, let him train with us at the moment while he finds a club. Because he has had mental health issues in the past, imagine how it would look for the club if we didn't do that and something bad happened to him.
Can’t see how we would still owe them any money, right now he’s a free agent and any ties he might have had to spurs have surely gone regarding his previous contract. If the payment still stands then the deal was even more ridiculous than I thought it was

2. Things mate.

We do have to pay spurs if we he plays this season, regardless of his free agency status. It’s why Everton have tried to renegotiate the deal with spurs
With respect, you don't know that.

We tried to renegotiate last season when it looked around Christmas time he might get closer to fitness, I'm not aware of anything since then.

Knowing levy, it's possibly right, but it's guesswork. (I'm also pretty sure a red hot lawyer would argue it's not strictly legal. A former employer can't limit where a previous staff hire choses to work next provider they fulfilled their contract)

Why is he back training with us after his contract has ended? Can he not train with Spurs, since he seemed well able and happy to go down to London to watch them while not being fit to play for us? I`m all in for helping former players that are having a bad time of it and getting them back on their feet, but have we not done enough for this guy already over the last 2 years, 100k a week? We owe him nothing, so what are we doing getting him fit so he can play elsewhere.

Duty of care. He is doing rehabilitation at EFC as his injury occurred whilst under contract at Everton

Can’t see how we would still owe them any money, right now he’s a free agent and any ties he might have had to spurs have surely gone regarding his previous contract. If the payment still stands then the deal was even more ridiculous than I thought it was
We had agreed to pay City a fee when we signed Barry as a free agent after his loan.

It's unusual, but it happens.

He didn't seem to have much interest in Everton at all during the course of the season.

There must be absolutely zero interest in him from anywhere else.

IMG_8704.webp

I'm sure Dyche and Thelwell will be monitoring it and him.

Personally...if the fee to spurs isn't ridiculous (£10mill max), he drops his wages, and the boss thinks he's fit enough and ready, offering him a 2 year deal wouldn't be a crazy thing to do.

I'd be saying - Head down, performed well, hopefully get bought to play for a champions league club (£20mill). We make some scratch, Dele gets his career back.

He was literally injured last season. It’s not that he wasn’t interested.

Maybe time to start getting that through some of your heads. Sometimes things are just what people say they are and it’s not all a conspiracy.

He was literally injured last season. It’s not that he wasn’t interested.

Maybe time to start getting that through some of your heads. Sometimes things are just what people say they are and it’s not all a conspiracy.

We couldn’t afford to pay for him, regardless of if he was fit or not, that’s not a conspiracy. We were never going to pay the fee for him.

I'm sure Dyche and Thelwell will be monitoring it and him.

Personally...if the fee to spurs isn't ridiculous (£10mill max), he drops his wages, and the boss thinks he's fit enough and ready, offering him a 2 year deal wouldn't be a crazy thing to do.

I'd be saying - Head down, performed well, hopefully get bought to play for a champions league club (£20mill). We make some scratch, Dele gets his career back.

No thank you and goodbye

It's not costing Everton anything to have him train with lads who welcomed him and supported him after his heartfelt interview. Its the right thing to do, and I'm pleased the club are doing it

Anyone suggesting offering him any kind of deal is a legitimate lunatic.

The kid is an absolute shadow of his former self. No amount of arm-round-the-shoulder management, use of the training facilities etc is going to help restore him to anywhere near a suitable level to be playing for us.

His best hope is getting himself to a level where maybe he can go back to MK Dons or similar, and enjoy his footy out of the limelight.

FWIW the club are doing the right thing by him, letting him use the facilities. Anyone cryarsing about that can GTF and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back