2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone suggesting offering him any kind of deal is a legitimate lunatic.

The kid is an absolute shadow of his former self. No amount of arm-round-the-shoulder management, use of the training facilities etc is going to help restore him to anywhere near a suitable level to be playing for us.

His best hope is getting himself to a level where maybe he can go back to MK Dons or similar, and enjoy his footy out of the limelight.

FWIW the club are doing the right thing by him, letting him use the facilities. Anyone cryarsing about that can GTF and all.

Agreed on all points

We had agreed to pay City a fee when we signed Barry as a free agent after his loan.

It's unusual, but it happens.

It's probable there was a clause in the signing agreement with Spurs when we signed him (NOT A LOAN) that said we owed a fee regardless of his registration status

It's a private law contract between Spurs and Everton, agreed by Kenwright

Thats the end of that

He needs moving on as he's not to Everton's standard we need

Can’t see how we would still owe them any money, right now he’s a free agent and any ties he might have had to spurs have surely gone regarding his previous contract. If the payment still stands then the deal was even more ridiculous than I thought it was

When Kenwright signed him it was a private law contract between Spurs and Everton

Just because Dele Alli registration status and contract with Everton expired doesn't mean that Spurs and Everton agreement expired

They are two separate contracts and two separate issues

I think people are grossly over estimating Dele Alli ability now too. He hasnt played competitively for 18 months and got sent back from Turkey. He needs moving on from Everton

Less sentimental nonsense about him

It's probable there was a clause in the signing agreement with Spurs when we signed him (NOT A LOAN) that said we owed a fee regardless of his registration status

It's a private law contract between Spurs and Everton, agreed by Kenwright

Thats the end of that

He needs moving on as he's not to Everton's standard we need
Why have you put NOT A LOAN in caps? I know he was our player, not a loan player.

My point was, people seem to think that the contract between Tottenham and Everton is crystal clear. It isn't.

Yes, it's highly likely Levy had Kenwrights pants down, whilst the latter probably left think he'd gotten the better of him.

I was merely highlighting that even free agents can secure compensation for former clubs, as was the case with Barry.

Why have you put NOT A LOAN in caps? I know he was our player, not a loan player.

My point was, people seem to think that the contract between Tottenham and Everton is crystal clear. It isn't.

Yes, it's highly likely Levy had Kenwrights pants down, whilst the latter probably left think he'd gotten the better of him.

I was merely highlighting that even free agents can secure compensation for former clubs, as was the case with Barry.

Because people are literally not understanding it was a permanent signing not a loan

Plus somehow think we can loan an unregistered player? 🤷‍♂️

i get there’s potentially a fee if we give him a new contract, but what if we only take him on loan?

The contract between Spurs and Everton is crystal clear. Spurs didn't budge all last season and won't now either. They want the money the contract between EFC and Spurs says was due. They have no interest to negotiate or budge.

The Barry example even confirms the point.

Can’t recall the details on the Barry one but wasn’t his deal extended while under contract and that’s why the fee was due (ie prevented him becoming a free agent / basically had an ‘option’ on him)?

We couldn’t afford to pay for him, regardless of if he was fit or not, that’s not a conspiracy. We were never going to pay the fee for him.
If Dyche thought he could offer the team something and he was fit, he would have played.

We would have made another sale before the end of June, or sold dobbin/bought Tim for more than we did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back