2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, you'd just have to laugh.

Unless they're trying to get out of paying tax by achieving charity status, he can't possibly be allowed to continue here.

Just spent 20 mins catching up with this thread.
And I’ll never get those minutes back!

3420 posts for a player who’s played 13 times for us, that’s 260 odd posts for every game he’s been involved in. If we did the same for Big Nev there’d be over 150,000 posts.

But to stay on topic, let the lad train for a few weeks, then say goodbye.
They calculate he's been paid 15 or so million (before tax that is) for those 13 games, but the assist for the equaliser vs Palace in that game means it's money well spent.

They calculate he's been paid 15 or so million (before tax that is) for those 13 games, but the assist for the equaliser vs Palace in that game means it's money well spent.

I want players to win us trophies

Not £15 million on a player that makes 13 appearances in two and a half years

That seems to be the level some people's standards have dropped to. We must have better for Everton Football Club or the last three years will continue or get worse

I think if Dele can get fully back on track, he still has something to offer Everton playing-wise. I can see him doing a job for us and, eventually, regaining a place in the England team.
#routingfordele

There are two agreements (contracts)

One has expired. The player contract between Dele Alli and Everton

The Spurs-Everton transfer agreement hasn't expired

I can only repeat this so many times before it appears like spam. So this is the final time.

The Spurs-Everton agreement is still in place and remains so regardless of the player contract
I know what you’re saying re the two contracts - they wanted to close a loop hole legal we play him under the appearances threshold for the remainder of his initial contract and then re-sign (extend) and then breach the threshold.

You make out like we are all stupid…we are not.

I was looking for the nuance in the contractual interpretation (and yes this could be looked at as a loophole). Is there no time cut off in the contract when a contract extension ceases to be a contract extension through the passage of time, Given your response which did not directly answer my question but just repeated your previously stated understanding of it ad nauseam it would appear not.

What kind of club will we be if we don’t have at least one croc we are paying, don’t people know our history, it’s part of our identity.

On a serious note, I have no issue with him being involved in pre-season similar to a trial. I think the signing of Ndiaye shows the club don’t expect him to remain here.

With all the above said it seems logical that he will never play for us again,
a) it will cost too much
b) he is not the same player he once was
c) he will be constantly injured.

So there it is

3 year contract incoming

I know what you’re saying re the two contracts - they wanted to close a loop hole legal we play him under the appearances threshold for the remainder of his initial contract and then re-sign (extend) and then breach the threshold.

You make out like we are all stupid…we are not.

I was looking for the nuance in the contractual interpretation (and yes this could be looked at as a loophole). Is there no time cut off in the contract when a contract extension ceases to be a contract extension through the passage of time, Given your response which did not directly answer my question but just repeated your previously stated understanding of it ad nauseam it would appear not.

That is not how the contracts are arranged. This is standard. Player contracts in the Premier League don't allow multi party ownership so they are always between one player and a club. The transfer agreement is also a standard agreement between two clubs. It this case we promised to pay with multiple contingent fee requirements.

There are two contracts and the transfer agreement will have a clause in that says it is unaffected by any "third party contracts" (e.g. the player contract).

Spurs will have had it in writing that no other contract can impact the application or interpretation of their transfer agreement. That is what I would have put in and any lawyer worth their salt.

There is no loophole. There is no nuance. There is no point looking for a loophole. Because the transfer agreement is still in force and will remain so for years.

I don't make out anything. Other than people denying that signing Dele Alli will be expensive for Everton. That is fundamentally wrong. It's denying reality.

He's a free agent to anyone but Everton Football Club as a result of the transfer agreement that has not and will not expire allowing his free signing by Everton.

Last edited:
I did say these things yesterday myself. Unfortunately, they weren't prepared to listen

There is a habit in the Everton fanbase to not want to hear things they don't wish to hear. Or not wish to hear bad news. That was going on yesterday on here.

I work in law myself.

Unfortunately, people made the mistake in thinking that Dele Alli's playing contract coming to an end meant that was it. They were wrong. He's a "free agent" to everyone BUT Everton. Due to the transfer agreement, that does not automatically terminate
Roma it is then.

That is not how the contracts are arranged. This is standard. Player contracts in the Premier League don't allow multi party ownership so they are always between one player and a club. The transfer agreement is also a standard agreement between two clubs. It this case we promised to pay with multiple contingent fee requirements.

There are two contracts and the transfer agreement will have a clause in that says it is unaffected by any "third party contracts" (e.g. the player contract).

Spurs will have had it in writing that no other contract can impact the application or interpretation of their transfer agreement. That is what I would have put in and any lawyer worth their salt.

There is no loophole. There is no nuance. There is no point looking for a loophole. Because the transfer agreement is still in force and will remain so for years.

I don't make out anything. Other than people denying that signing Dele Alli will be expensive for Everton. That is fundamentally wrong. It's denying reality.

He's a free agent to anyone but Everton Football Club as a result of the transfer agreement that has not and will not expire allowing his free signing by Everton.
Thanks for the clarification. I don’t think we will be offering him a contract anyway so I guess it’s a moot point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.