2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but the position with GB wss he say out the final year of his contract with us on loan. This is different as DA not on loan

If he signs a new contract. It's a contract extension
But is it a contract extension if a passage of time elapses that acts almost like a break clause (but without the clause) e.g. we have ceased to pay him (good) but we may re-sign him in 3 months time (I dint see us resigning him at all but you never know)

Say he signs a new deal - 5 years and it triggers a penalty clause - 10 mill - is that 10 mill anmmorotised over the length of the deal, for PSR purposes 2 mill a year……

*Not saying to give him a 5 year contract btw, just thinking about gaming.

Ok, we have now determined that nobody has a clue what is or isnt in the contract Everton and Spurs signed.

So lets get back to talking about Dele, the footballer and how, to many, hes an Everton hero who saved us against Palace.

That was a spectacular finish by Keggers. Our new striker btw

But is it a contract extension if a passage of time elapses that acts almost like a break clause (but without the clause) e.g. we have ceased to pay him (good) but we may re-sign him in 3 months time (I dint see us resigning him at all but you never know)

There are two agreements (contracts)

One has expired. The player contract between Dele Alli and Everton

The Spurs-Everton transfer agreement hasn't expired

I can only repeat this so many times before it appears like spam. So this is the final time.

The Spurs-Everton agreement is still in place and remains so regardless of the player contract

It seems to be another example of our famed negotiating skills.

Who is paying his wages at this point in time, if he is getting paid at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back