2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did say these things yesterday myself. Unfortunately, they weren't prepared to listen

I work in law myself.

reface-2024-07-10-03-19-20.webp

You’d hope that Spurs would accept that if Dele signs for anyone else then they’d receive nothing at all. The deal with us clearly hasn’t worked for anyone so far, so just treat us as they would any other club from now. They should just cut their losses and if he wants to sign for us just let it happen.

I imagine I might be saying the opposite if I was a spurs fan though.

If there's some humanity and kindness in the situation, Spurs would also respect that we looked after and supported him a lot (I think that's the case anyway from the language of the club and managers) and so we treated him like our own even though he was officially on loan. In which case you could renegotiate

Is he officially a free agent, and has anyone seen him at Finch Farm yet?

Everything depends upon the wording of the contract between Spurs and Everton .

Of course we have no way of knowing what it says but it is a reasonable assumption to think that any half decent lawyer would have worded it in such a way as to make the obligation to pay a fee ongoing after the natural termination of the contract between Everton and the player.

Actually I'd go further and say it would be bizarre to think that the contract between the clubs would be in any way linked to the contract between Everton and the player.
I think most accept that’s the case.

Most of the arguing has been because one poster was spamming the thread with figures that they don’t know are true as if they were true, then acting as if they were right despite being proven wrong multiple times.

As you say, none of us know what’s in the contract, so best not to make assumptions.

Wish him the best but not a chance should he get a deal here, we cant take that risk. Had last season to try earn his deal and it did not work out, have no problem him getting his fitness here but to get a new deal no

If there's some humanity and kindness in the situation, Spurs would also respect that we looked after and supported him a lot (I think that's the case anyway from the language of the club and managers) and so we treated him like our own even though he was officially on loan. In which case you could renegotiate

There is no kindness and humanity in business.

Especially not over £10 million.

Let's not be naive about that.

He also wasn't "on loan". He was transferred.

As a solicitor, albeit retired and someone who lectured in contract law , my view is the the contract between Everton and Spurs can remain live and is not automatically terminated by the termination of the contract between Everton and the player.

These are 2 very distinct and different contracts.
No one know how the contract was written.

Oh yes.
IMG_0163.webp

This doesn’t exist in professional football.
I agree there’s a misconception over these ‘pay as you play’ contracts as in they don’t exist in the way of zero hour contract type arrangement, but there must be ways of heavily incentivizing a contract.
That said we would still be looking at a £30-£50k per week base I would estimate and assume no other schmucks are prepared to better it.
Plus the upside / appearance fee to get a professional athlete to agree to it would be huge i suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back