2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely Roma sign him and immediately loan him to him us?

Are there any rules which would prevent this?
If the original contract between Everton and Spurs says that a fee £10 million is payable when he plays 20 games for Everton it is irrelevant who holds the player's registration at the time.

If the original contract between Everton and Spurs says that a fee £10 million is payable when he plays 20 games for Everton it is irrelevant who holds the player's registration at the time.

That's a different take on it and one I hadn't really considered, it was more the fee that we will owe Spurs if Dele signs a new contract which was what I was referring to

I'm not sure Spurs would be able to enforce a clause which said we had to pay them if Dele leaves Everton and then returns after his registration was held by another club, but I'm only speculating there, I'd need to see a precedent really

Simply put, if the deal with Spurs still exists even though his contract has run out, we need to jib him off.

I do think there must be a loophole though. Maybe we release him on a free. Then re sign him?

Don’t think so to be honest, if he leaves Everton then the agreement with spurs comes to an end which then makes it and its terms null and void. If another club signs him then they technically own that player. The terms of the contract can only be enforced whilst that contract is ‘live’

Don’t think so to be honest, if he leaves Everton then the agreement with spurs comes to an end which then makes it and its terms null and void. If another club signs him then they technically own that player. The terms of the contract can only be enforced whilst that contract is ‘live’
As a solicitor, albeit retired and someone who lectured in contract law , my view is the the contract between Everton and Spurs can remain live and is not automatically terminated by the termination of the contract between Everton and the player.

These are 2 very distinct and different contracts.

No the sale contract with Spurs and the employment contract with Dele are totally unrelated so it would just come down to the wording of the sale contract if it doesn't specify then it doesn't specify.

Thanks , I'm greatly reassured 😆

I did say these things yesterday myself. Unfortunately, they weren't prepared to listen

There is a habit in the Everton fanbase to not want to hear things they don't wish to hear. Or not wish to hear bad news. That was going on yesterday on here.

I work in law myself.

Unfortunately, people made the mistake in thinking that Dele Alli's playing contract coming to an end meant that was it. They were wrong. He's a "free agent" to everyone BUT Everton. Due to the transfer agreement, that does not automatically terminate

I did say these things yesterday myself. Unfortunately, they weren't prepared to listen

There is a habit in the Everton fanbase to not want to hear things they don't wish to hear. Or not wish to hear bad news. That was going on yesterday on here.

I work in law myself.

Unfortunately, people made the mistake in thinking that Dele Alli's playing contract coming to an end meant that was it. They were wrong. He's a "free agent" to everyone BUT Everton. Due to the transfer agreement, that does not automatically terminate
Everything depends upon the wording of the contract between Spurs and Everton .

Of course we have no way of knowing what it says but it is a reasonable assumption to think that any half decent lawyer would have worded it in such a way as to make the obligation to pay a fee ongoing after the natural termination of the contract between Everton and the player.

Actually I'd go further and say it would be bizarre to think that the contract between the clubs would be in any way linked to the contract between Everton and the player.

Of course we have no way of knowing what it says but it is a reasonable assumption to think that any half decent lawyer would have worded it in such a way as to make the obligation to pay a fee ongoing after the natural termination of the contract between Everton and the player.

Actually I'd go further and say it would be bizarre to think that the contract between the clubs would be in any way linked to the contract between Everton and the player.

Exactly

Spurs lawyers would seek to ensure their sales contract has supremacy over any other third party agreements

and that a scenario that Everton send the player out on loan for two years thereby never fulfilling the 20 game clause then signing him "on a free" after his player contract expires with no fees due to Spurs, is covered

I would have put a 10 year expiry into the transfer agreement contract. Personally. Well past his retirement date.

They as seller will want to ensure if he ever makes 20 appearances that get their money. Under any sort of scenario.

Plus if Everton try and breach the terms they could seek sanctions via Premier League or the courts

Nice to see someone putting in well reasoned and explained posts on the subject 👌

As a solicitor, albeit retired and someone who lectured in contract law , my view is the the contract between Everton and Spurs can remain live and is not automatically terminated by the termination of the contract between Everton and the player.

These are 2 very distinct and different contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back