2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you've now accepted the point about the Spurs-Everton transfer agreement being still in force

People can't accept something that isn't real and made up.

The rumour (not fact) is we have to pay Spurs a lump sum if we sign him on a new deal after his contract has (now) expired.

Anything other than that, me old chap, is fluent in speaking the bullshit.

Again Mr Multi...that's makes zero sense this context.

Barca were already discussing a new deal from January 2022 and it broke down. Then he agreed a new deal ON NEW TERMS with a release clause.

Regardless of him being out of contract for abar a week then resigning "an extension", it was a fresh new deal.

What Contract Damo is saying is that if Dele did "resign" it's still kick off old terms and fees. Which it can't do.
Hey, calm down. You lot were arguing over the semantics of 'new contract' and 'contract extension' when I joined in. I just thought I'd offer up a real example within football to demonstrate the terminologies not being as black and white as you'd thought.

And to your final point, none of us know the resolution to this. Not you, myself or Damo. Anything could have been added into Dele's contract. I've had a non-compete clause in a contract with a former employer. And even though that contract was 'expired', I was still bound to it for a year.

Hey, calm down. You lot were arguing over the semantics of 'new contract' and 'contract extension' when I joined in. I just thought I'd offer up a real example within football to demonstrate the terminologies not being as black and white as you'd thought.

And to your final point, none of us know the resolution to this. Not you, myself or Damo. Anything could have been added into Dele's contract. I've had a non-compete clause in a contract with a former employer. And even though that contact was 'expired', I was still bound to it for a year.

There was no argument.

There's a disagreement between someone saying they know the terms of the agreement...and everyone else saying he doesn't.

Which goes back to, as you've said, anything could've been added. No. One. Knows.

Literally says he left the club as a free agent and then re signed for them.

Then in here it talks about how it would be a new signing and not an extension

What you're not grasping is that transfer agreement between Barcelona and Dortmund was settled in full.

Everton haven't settled anything in the Spurs-Everton transfer agreement and it is still in force so if he signs a contract extension the original terms apply in the transfer agreement, that transfered Dele Alli to Everton in the first place

Two separate agreements and one (between the clubs) is unaffected by the lapse in Dele Alli player contract. If he signs a new contract extension with us the transfer agreement terms continue to apply

Literally says he left the club as a free agent and then re signed for them.

Then in here it talks about how it would be a new signing and not an extension

And here is the same story in which this report says extension.

Back on topic. I really hope Dele doesn't extend his contract.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-09-23-00-17-166_com.android.chrome.webp
    Screenshot_2024-07-09-23-00-17-166_com.android.chrome.webp
    142.9 KB · Views: 9
What you're not grasping is that transfer agreement between Barcelona and Dortmund was settled in full.

Everton haven't settled anything in the Spurs-Everton transfer agreement and it is still in force so if he signs a contract extension the original terms apply in the transfer agreement, that transfered Dele Alli to Everton in the first place

Two separate agreements and one (between the clubs) is unaffected by the lapse in Dele Alli player contract. If he signs a new contract extension with us the transfer agreement terms continue to apply
Oh you were part of those negotiations as well were you?
So you know for a fact that Barcelona had paid the 40% of the fee that wasnt paid up front and was in add ons and clauses?

No wonder the Friedkins are desperate for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back