2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s out of contract. None of us know the exact situation, but it would be more sensible to assume that if he signs a new contract then that’s what it is, a new contract. Not an extension.

There is only so many times I can repeat explaining it.

So listen to someone else who cites another player in exact situation 👇

Dele Alli being out of contract does not impact the Spurs-Everton transfer agreement which is a separate contract between the clubs and has not expired

I hate to throw fuel in the fire here, but a real life example of what you are all talking about was Dembele at Barca.

Out of contract on the 30th June 2022 and didn't re-sign until mid July, so was technically a free agent for a few weeks. His contract signing is classed as a contract extension, as would Dele's be.

Sorry to have ruined all your fun; I'm off to tell my little niece that the tooth fairy doesn't exist.

Dele Alli being out of contract does not impact the Spurs-Everton transfer agreement which is a separate contract between the clubs and has not expired

Literally says he left the club as a free agent and then re signed for them.

Then in here it talks about how it would be a new signing and not an extension

I hate to throw fuel in the fire here, but a real life example of what you are all talking about was Dembele at Barca.

Out of contract on the 30th June 2022 and didn't re-sign until mid July, so was technically a free agent for a few weeks. His contract signing is classed as a contract extension, as would Dele's be.

Sorry to have ruined all your fun; I'm off to tell my little niece that the tooth fairy doesn't exist.

Again Mr Multi...that's makes zero sense this context.

Barca were already discussing a new deal from January 2022 and it broke down. Then he agreed a new deal ON NEW TERMS with a release clause.

Regardless of him being out of contract for abar a week then resigning "an extension", it was a fresh new deal.

What Contract Damo is saying is that if Dele did "resign" it's still kick off old terms and fees. Which it can't do.

I read an article that Everton has sough legal counsel to determine if a payment were to be due to Spurs if we signed Dele after 30 June. Frankly, I'm not even sure the club knows what the story is if that is the case, it depends on how the agreement with Spurs is written would be my guess and there could even be ambiguity in the interpretation. In any event, I think we should just part ways and steer clear. I do wish him the best, he's been through a lot, it's too bad we really never got to see him fully healthy and in the right frame of mind, there is certainly talent there but then again, many players have talent but get it together on the pitch for various reasons.

You said “If he signs a new contract. It's a contract extension”. I was replying to this statement alone and I stand by what I said.

Any possible separate agreement between Spurs and Everton is complete speculation on your part.

Again Mr Multi...that's makes zero sense this context.

Barca were already discussing a new deal from January 2022 and it broke down. Then he agreed a new deal ON NEW TERMS with a release clause.

Regardless of him being out of contract for abar a week then resigning "an extension", it was a fresh new deal.

What Contract Damo is saying is that if Dele did "resign" it's still kick off old terms and fees. Which it can't do.

It can as the Spurs- Everton transfer agreement has not expired and is the relevant contract

You said “If he signs a new contract. It's a contract extension”. I was replying to this statement alone and I stand by what I said.

Any possible separate agreement between Spurs and Everton is complete speculation on your part.

It isn't. Because it is standard practice to have a "transfer agreement" between clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back