2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like he was never going to play a minute for us least season despite him being in training and allegedly getting injured, he will never play another minute for us. Ever

If that clause is still active, they have officially Turkeyed us and our hands are tied. Not much we can do when we still need other positions filled and we just brought in Ndiaye to play behind the striker.

I did say these things yesterday myself. Unfortunately, they weren't prepared to listen

There is a habit in the Everton fanbase to not want to hear things they don't wish to hear. Or not wish to hear bad news. That was going on yesterday on here.

I work in law myself.

Unfortunately, people made the mistake in thinking that Dele Alli's playing contract coming to an end meant that was it. They were wrong. He's a "free agent" to everyone BUT Everton. Due to the transfer agreement, that does not automatically terminate
Nobody was prepared to listen to you yesterday because you were 100% speculating on the terms of a contract about which you have no idea on the contents. If you happen to be right on the contents then well done you guessed lucky. If you happen to be not right then bad luck you guessed wrong. Don’t pretend to have any greater knowledge or insight than anyone else on here.

Nobody was prepared to listen to you yesterday because you were 100% speculating on the terms of a contract about which you have no idea on the contents. If you happen to be right on the contents then well done you guessed lucky. If you happen to be not right then bad luck you guessed wrong. Don’t pretend to have any greater knowledge or insight than anyone else on here.

I read and write contracts on a daily basis.

This is a forum. I can share whatever views I have on the thread topic.

As a solicitor, albeit retired and someone who lectured in contract law , my view is the the contract between Everton and Spurs can remain live and is not automatically terminated by the termination of the contract between Everton and the player.

These are 2 very distinct and different contracts.

Best post of the day on here IMHO @jazzy

I hate to throw fuel in the fire here, but a real life example of what you are all talking about was Dembele at Barca.

Out of contract on the 30th June 2022 and didn't re-sign until mid July, so was technically a free agent for a few weeks. His contract signing is classed as a contract extension, as would Dele's be.

Sorry to have ruined all your fun; I'm off to tell my little niece that the tooth fairy doesn't exist.
Absolute monster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back