2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all the utterly mad threads in this place, this has to rank at or near the top.

564 pages of @Damo_1878 - it pains me to say, correctly* - asserting that re-signing Dele wouldn’t stop us having to pay a fee, while others argue the toss.

Even if signing him after a contract “break” did absolve us of having to pay a fee (it wouldn’t), he wouldn’t be worth signing. Even if Spurs agreed to waive most or all of the fee (they wouldn’t), he wouldn’t be worth signing.

Please stop.

* - to preempt any cryarses: No, I don’t have a copy of the document, but would be VERY surprised if all fees weren’t payable after X appearances, irrespective of whether they were made in one, continuous period of registration, or multiple periods broken up by nothing but dead space (as opposed to genuine registration for another club).

Of all the utterly mad threads in this place, this has to rank at or near the top.

564 pages of @Damo_1878 - it pains me to say, correctly* - asserting that re-signing Dele wouldn’t stop us having to pay a fee, while others argue the toss.

Even if signing him after a contract “break” did absolve us of having to pay a fee (it wouldn’t), he wouldn’t be worth signing. Even if Spurs agreed to waive most or all of the fee (they wouldn’t), he wouldn’t be worth signing.

Please stop.

* - to preempt any cryarses: No, I don’t have a copy of the document, but would be VERY surprised if all fees weren’t payable after X appearances, irrespective of whether they were made in one, continuous period of registration, or multiple periods broken up by nothing but dead space (as opposed to genuine registration for another club).
Most aren’t saying there wouldn’t be a fee to pay. Most accept that.

It’s the value of said fee/when to be paid and said poster making assertions about that and twisting it when shown up as wrong,

It seems to be another example of our famed negotiating skills.

Who is paying his wages at this point in time, if he is getting paid at all?

In addition to reading and writing contracts on a daily basis.

I'm involved in - enforcing - contracts.

Contrary to the overly sentimental and emotional nonsense regarding Dele Alli. Business people like Spurs aren't interested and don't care about your sentimentality. They will enforce their contract and demand the fees owed.

This entire situation arose because Bill Kenwright went cap in hand and with little to no money up front, agreed to transfer the player. Normally clubs go with majority a fee upfront. Not Everton with Bill Kenwright

So this whole situation is people in our fanbase thinking we can have our cake and eat it 🤷‍♂️. I'm afraid the world doesn't work that way

Why it is madness we are considering laying out £10 million on a player who has well known and admitted proscription medication addiction issues and has played 13 games for EFC, sent out to Turkey but was sent back and has done nothing of note at Everton in over two years

Everton Football Club isn't made of money and can't throw it around stupidly. Like Bill Kenwright (and Farhad Moshiri) used to

Everton needs sure things. Not unknowns

It seems to be another example of our famed negotiating skills.

Who is paying his wages at this point in time, if he is getting paid at all?
I don't think the original negotiation is a problem here really nobody could ever have foreseen a situation where Dele didn't play 20 games for us in 2 and a half years but we considered giving him a new contract! The issue would be giving him a new contract now when he hasn't played any games at all for 18 months and hasn't played well for about 5 years.

There are two agreements (contracts)

One has expired. The player contract between Dele Alli and Everton

The Spurs-Everton transfer agreement hasn't expired

I can only repeat this so many times before it appears like spam. So this is the final time.

The Spurs-Everton agreement is still in place and remains so regardless of the player contract
It’s already spam mate

Please stop.

Must be worth a punt as another loan though surely?

I've only been dipping in and out of this thread so I'm not fully informed.
Q1) Are we still paying him?
Q2)...assuming he never kicks a ball for us again...will we have to pay him or spurs any more?

If the answer is No X 2 - Close Thread

It’s already spam mate

I frequently have to inform people of information they may not want to hear. In addition to dealing with contracts.

It's nothing new to me. It's better to get the bad news out there fast.

The fact is signing Dele Alli will cost millions of pounds. Is that money we have available? If it is couldn't it be spent on a player with a track record of delivery?

People need to understand the huge risks involved.

Not blindly just go with it and when it blows up in our faces, as it did when Bill Kenwright signed Dele Alli not then complain when the club has no money, no player available and is fighting relegation

I want better for Everton Football Club than that

Why argue over contracts....

We should not be considering any part of us re-signing Dele.

He will never play another competitive game at this level. His footballing career is basically done.

Surely time to close this thread and for Everton to move on from the frighteningly expensive mistake of signing Dele in the first place.

Just spent 20 mins catching up with this thread.
And I’ll never get those minutes back!

3420 posts for a player who’s played 13 times for us, that’s 260 odd posts for every game he’s been involved in. If we did the same for Big Nev there’d be over 150,000 posts.

But to stay on topic, let the lad train for a few weeks, then say goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back