2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
There must some end date to any agreement and as DA’s existing contract expired on 30 June 2024 then it can’t be extended as such?
If say DA signed a one year contact with Roma and was there for a year then surely if we signed him after that then Spurs couldn’t insist on us paying them anything?
I guess the watertight part of the contract would just be consecutive signings unbroken by another club. At that point no one would have envisaged us becoming part of a multi club model so if Roma did sign him, as someone stated here, they could do so and loan him back to us (this is not happen anyway) I would imagine that would technically circumvent any contractual clause, therefore I guess we would be acting outside the ‘spirit’ of the agreement but I care anyway….cant stand Spurs 😄

Damo bruh you chat bubbles about Naismith who was a horrific player who played us for about 15 years ago.

Dele Alli has something to offer this football club, if he can get fit.

A nominal fee is just the cost of doing business.

If he signs, it is what it is, if he doesnt, oh well.

I can't roll my eyes enough at this.

It isn't a "nominal fee". It's millions of pounds.

He shouldn't be anywhere near Everton

You guys are the ones trying to perform mental gymnastics to try and sign him

I'm saying his original transfer agreement precludes this. It's too expensive. Too much of a risk to Everton Football Club and he needs to be let go

Everton would have to pay millions to Spurs and unless they waive those fees there is no chance to sign him for free (why would they allow that to potentially strengthen a competitor for Europe without a benefit to them?)

He needs letting go

For Everton Football Club's sake

Also I see some on here + in the fanbase engaging in delusional over sentimentality in there thinking here. We're a business and we need to look after the business.
I don’t care if we sign him or not. As I’ve said, if Dyche and thelwell want to then I back them with it.

thought you had said it all for a final time…….

Last edited:
I don’t care if we sign him or not. As I’ve said if Dyche and thelwell want to then I back them with it.

thought you had said it all for a final time…….

Other people keep chatting "it was a loan" and other nonsense. It wasn't. They keep repeating the same stuff.

He's too expensive for what we would get out of it.

Which isn't Everton Football Club standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back