2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
sky sports reporting we would have to pay spurs a % if we sold him on apparently. Didn't see anything about the appearance clause.

I have no idea whether this is a good idea or not. There is a player in there but he has to want to play, want to succeed and there hasn't been any sign of that in him for a while. And that's not just at Everton, that was a Spurs towards the end too.

If Dyche is driving this, that says a lot. I don't think he'd keep him around if he didn't believe he couldn't get fit, play and have an impact. If that's not the case, if it's a deal of convenience because money is tight and numbers are short, or some sentimental gesture given his struggles, it'll be doomed to fail.

but just imagine he rediscovers even half of what he was at his peak.

Speak to @Damo_1878

Oh right I thought that was the previous agreement that expired with his contract the ended last month. I’d read today that we were renegotiating with Spurs but I’m as far from ITK as it’s possible to be thankfully.

Was just joking based on previous in this thread

They won't offer him new contract.
Signing him (2.5 year deal 😂) was one of the stupidest things we've ever done.
He was finished 5 years ago.
Everyone knew apart from the morons we had in charge.
IMG_7824.webp

This is rather embarrassing.
I thought we were no longer going to sign washed-up journeymen.

We need a centre back, at least one full back and a couple of wingers.
Plus we need to replace DCL and onana if they leave.
Signing Dele is an unnecessary distraction.

You'd have to hope it's for a pittance.

Had we let him go, they'd have got nothing.

Unfortunately, it says "revised payment structure" which means it's not "free"

If they are less than transparent about it is just more Bill Kenwright- behaviours

Not good, IMHO for the club

They know there are concerns being raised

No doubt it will be "undisclosed" because they know people are concerned and don't want the criticism!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back