2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is there any concrete evidence that suggests they’ve agreed to terms that suit us?

Whatever the new terms are, there is no way Levy has left himself short. This is a concern for me.
Well there's no concrete evidence but Myers said there was no fee but a sell on percentage and the Athletic part appears to corroborate that as it only mentions a sell-on. We won't really know but presumably the exact terms are much more favourable.

The people who see him train every day are the ones most qualified to make that decision. If they feel that he is a worthwhile acquisition and that he can contribute in some way for the money spent, sound. He was a boss player when his head was on it.

Is he worth the risk? Time will tell.

Excellent work by the club.

If Dyche and Thelwell think he has something to offer the team, then it is clearly a footballing decision. As neither are sentimental about our club.

Spurs aren’t stupid, only way they get money is to negotiate. Revised payment potentially being a sell on fee means if he does well, everyone does well.
In all honesty mate on what you know and what you have seen of dele which way do you think it's going to go.

Well there's no concrete evidence but Myers said there was no fee but a sell on percentage and the Athletic part appears to corroborate that as it only mentions a sell-on. We won't really know but presumably the exact terms are much more favourable.

The Athletic are saying repeatedly "revised payment structure". That means there is a fee. The structure of which has been revised from the original. There is going to be fees. Substantial ones.

1720800261660.png

You are forgetting about Doucoure who has been playing there. Even if we don’t sign Dele, based off results without Doucoure, I’d be surprised if he gets dropped. I half picture N’diaye playing as a bit of of “inside winger” rather than having Harrison out wide
Even a year ago Doucoure was saying he was better off playing deep, he was playing where he was through need more than preference. If we had two natural 10s to compete with each other he'd compete for a spot deeper in the midfield or indeed if the Saudis were to return, could be sold and a lot of money saved.

I can’t imagine a world in which there isn’t appearance-based payments to Spurs. I would like to know how much and at what point they are triggered. Even if the potential total fee is £20m or something, half of the original agreement, that would be a terrible deal for us.

Mate seriously the lad is done, his career was one that peaked very early and his past problems plus if we are all honest his lifestyle has curtailed him, regrettably. I would love nothing better than seeing the dele Ali of spurs, but I dont think that is ever going to happen. Let's not forget he was ran out of the Turkish league.
Well let our staff be the judge

The Athletic are saying repeatedly "revised payment structure". That means there is a fee. The structure of which has been revised from the original. There is going to be fees. Substantial ones.

View attachment 264343
Payment structure could mean anything, including zero initial payment with a sell-on clause or other such clauses. That would still be a payment structure.

Even a year ago Doucoure was saying he was better off playing deep, he was playing where he was through need more than preference. If we had two natural 10s to compete with each other he'd compete for a spot deeper in the midfield or indeed if the Saudis were to return, could be sold and a lot of money saved.
He may think he can play deeper, but I don’t all he technical limitations will be shown up a lot more deeper, he’s a liability in our own half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back