2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the article again Damo. The payment for extending his contract has been removed. The only remaining commitment from the original deal is a sell-on clause which presumably remains.

Everton intend to see him in training before deciding on any deal. One would hope any deal would be at far lower wages. It is still a massive risk and there is a chance it will offer no more value than the sunk cost of wages already paid. I understand that fear.

Removal of the payment clause removes a barrier but does not guarantee a deal. It provides Dele an incentive. Let us see how it pans out. My money is on him breaking down in training before anything gets agreed or signed.

Everton have reached agreement with Tottenham so that they are not required to pay a further fee for Dele Alli should they offer him a new contract.

Right there mate.

Here, let me make it bigger.

Everton have reached agreement with Tottenham so that they are not required to pay a further fee for Dele Alli should they offer him a new contract.

The headline says

"EXCLUSIVE Everton reach agreement with Tottenham over future payments for Dele Alli - even though the forgotten England star is now a free agent"

There are going to be "future payments"

Right there mate.

Here, let me make it bigger.

Make it “substantially” bigger and it might help

Read the article again Damo. The payment for extending his contract has been removed. The only remaining commitment from the original deal is a sell-on clause which presumably remains.

Everton intend to see him in training before deciding on any deal. One would hope any deal would be at far lower wages. It is still a massive risk and there is a chance it will offer no more value than the sunk cost of wages already paid. I understand that fear.

Removal of the payment clause removes a barrier but does not guarantee a deal. It provides Dele an incentive. Let us see how it pans out. My money is on him breaking down in training before anything gets agreed or signed.

You don't know that and have no evidence to claim it

The headline says

"EXCLUSIVE Everton reach agreement with Tottenham over future payments for Dele Alli - even though the forgotten England star is now a free agent"

There are going to be "future payments"
I have nothing else to add on this subject.

I think the sentence I posted above is all that is required, I am now handing you over to somebody else.

It’s just like Teenwolf where Michael J Fox has lost all his friends and the Blondie one has dumped him and gone back to her boyfriend but now he’s showed up at the big game without wolfing out but it’s ok cus he’s gonna finally pass the ball to his team mates even the fat fella, it’s bit like that
Delewolf

I have nothing else to add on this subject.

I think the sentence I posted above is all that is required, I am now handing you over to somebody else.

Well basically you're admitting you can't prove it then 🤷‍♂️
Again, stop it now.

It's a good thread this, I wish Dele nothing but the best and would love it if we could still get a tune out of him, but it's difficult to follow with the back and forth point scoring

Get a room chaps

You don't know that and have no evidence to claim it

Love a biblical approach, absence of evidence - great play Damo.

You could also just say you didn’t see this coming and we’ve actually negotiated this well for once. All accounts Spurs have waived any appearance fees at all and we’d just have to pay them a percentage if we sell him (speculating but assuming that will be really high, 50% or so).

Again, stop it now.

It's a good thread this, I wish Dele nothing but the best and would love it if we could still get a tune out of him, but it's difficult to follow with the back and forth point scoring

Get a room chaps

Watch what happens when the truth comes out that Everton owe money over it all

The level of denial on here and wishful thinking is astounding

Love a biblical approach, absence of evidence - great play Damo.

You could also just say you didn’t see this coming and we’ve actually negotiated this well for once. All accounts Spurs have waived any appearance fees at all and we’d just have to pay them a percentage if we sell him (speculating but assuming that will be really high, 50% or so).

The club and the EFC communications team have a track record of exaggeration and outright deceitfulness

q.v. Denise Barrett-Baxendale and the "fixed cost" stadium contract

You'll learn, one day

When this costs us millions and it comes out I'll remember to remind you all 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back