2023/24 Dele

I really really hope Damo stops eating crayons and comes back to reality soon, poor guy’s absolutely melted in here

Damo right now:

ea8ef0d674bd2a4100f9a334fec703f5.jpg

But anyway, I think what Damo is trying to say is this.

Dele had a contract with Everton, which has now expired.
Separate to this, Everton have a contract with Spurs, that we are led to believe had the following clauses.

If he plays 20 games 10m
If he plays another 20 games 10m
Spurs have a sell on clause if Everton sell him
Spurs are due a fee if Dele signs a new contract at Everton

Spurs have now waived the clause for Dele signing a new contract, but they wish to retain the 20 games clauses and the sell on.

I think thats what Damo is attempting to say.

Sorry to litter the thread.

Separate to this, Everton have a contract with Spurs, that we are led to believe had the following clauses.

If he plays 20 games 10m

Spurs have now waived the clause for Dele signing a new contract, but they wish to retain the 20 games clauses and the sell on.

Who’s got to you?

If he plays 20 games 10m

Correct @Goat

Alan Myers and some of the poor use of the English language for malign purposes to stretch the reality because they know this is controversial - is a huge issue

There are people at Everton that stretch the truth all the time. Unfortunately we have fans in the fanbase now in complete denial there are further fees. Adamant there aren't any. Arguing with anyone saying there are

Because they believe what individuals in and surrounding the club say verbatim. With no healthy skepticism

That's not the case. There are fees. 🤷‍♂️

Spurs wouldn't null and void the original contract. They'd do a contract amendment. Which is annexed to the original transfer agreement. It's quicker and easier than a brand new contract

Correct @Goat

Alan Myers and some of the poor use of the English language for malign purposes to stretch the reality because they know this is controversial - is a huge issue

There are people at Everton that stretch the truth all the time. Unfortunately we have fans in the fanbase now in complete denial there are further fees. Adamant there aren't any. Arguing with anyone saying there are

Because they believe what individuals in and surrounding the club say verbatim. With no healthy skepticism

Spurs wouldn't null and void the original contract. They'd do a contract amendment. Which is annexed to the original transfer agreement. It's quicker and easier than a brand new contract
Now let's move on until we get a proper answer cos it's just mostly guesswork.

Correct @Goat

You honestly don’t know that they haven’t just done that though. As you aren’t part of the negotiations. There probably will be fees, but you don’t know.

That’s what people are arguing with you about. The whole acting as if what you say is fact when. You. Don’t. Actually. Know. Any. More. Than. Any. One. Else.

Which will come first?

1) Dele Alli kicking a ball again for Everton

2) Damo understanding we don’t have to pay Spurs unless we sign him for free but then sell him on to someone else

I don’t think either will happen anytime soon
I actually think there's more chance of Muhammad Ali playing for us before softlad understands anything.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.