2023/24 Dele

If all of those fees apart from the fee for signing a new contract are still in place we wouldnt be signing him. There is no way we are paying spurs 10 million once he has played 7 more games. We are not going to end up paying 30 million in add ons for Dele if all of the old clauses are met. This would be the worst deal in the history of transfers. It would be on the same level as doing a straight swap with manure Branthwaite for Maguire.

Only if we offer him a new deal and we get an offer to sell, that would be the percentage of sale to Spurs. All that other stuff pre his contract expiring, like the £10m for 20 appearances etc, that’s gone
How do you know that Amigo?
Are you employed by Spurs or Everton or one of the lawyers involved in the negotiations?
Because if not how could you possibly know?

Correct @Goat

Alan Myers and some of the poor use of the English language for malign purposes to stretch the reality because they know this is controversial - is a huge issue

There are people at Everton that stretch the truth all the time. Unfortunately we have fans in the fanbase now in complete denial there are further fees. Adamant there aren't any. Arguing with anyone saying there are

Because they believe what individuals in and surrounding the club say verbatim. With no healthy skepticism

That's not the case. There are fees. 🤷‍♂️

Spurs wouldn't null and void the original contract. They'd do a contract amendment. Which is annexed to the original transfer agreement. It's quicker and easier than a brand new contract
Not necessarily.

This isn't like a will with a codicil.

If , and it's a big if , the new agreement between Spurs and Everton is that the terms of the original contract are to be disregarded and replaced with a new agreement whereby the only payment Spurs could ever receive is a percentage of any fee Everton receive for Dele's registration it is far easier to rescind the earlier contract and incorporate the new agreement into a new contract.
It wouldn't even be a difficult contract to draft , I'm sure you could do it Damo.

How do you know that Amigo?
Are you employed by Spurs or Everton or one of the lawyers involved in the negotiations?
Because if not how could you possibly know?
There will be payments in future. But no one knows what they are or how “substantial” or not they are.

Reports are saying that there will be no fee for a new contract, but potential future fees. If they were the same as the current deal, then you’d think they would say that, but they don’t. So it looks to me like they have changed the deal entirely in terms of costs.

Not necessarily.

This isn't like a will with a codicil.

If , and it's a big if , the new agreement between Spurs and Everton is that the terms of the original contract are to be disregarded and replaced with a new agreement whereby the only payment Spurs could ever receive is a percentage of any fee Everton receive for Dele's registration it is far easier to rescind the earlier contract and incorporate the new agreement into a new contract.
It wouldn't even be a difficult contract to draft , I'm sure you could do it Damo.

No. I'd always do a contract amendment. As the original contract will have definitions I'm not spending time redefining with the parties.

There will be payments in future. But no one knows what they are or how “substantial” or not they are.

Reports are saying that there will be no fee for a new contract, but potential future fees. If they were the same as the current deal, then you’d think they would say that, but they don’t. So it looks to me like they have changed the deal entirely in terms of costs.

"Reports"

You mean Alan Myers 🤣

Like he doesn't have cause to massage the truth for people within Everton over this highly controversial deal ?

Only if we offer him a new deal and we get an offer to sell, that would be the percentage of sale to Spurs. All that other stuff pre his contract expiring, like the £10m for 20 appearances etc, that’s gone

Thanks @jazzy 👍😆

@Goat .... :bye: will DM you looks like these posters are
Toast

1000005024.jpg

Last edited:
No. I'd always do a contract amendment. As the original contract will have definitions I'm not spending time redefining with the parties.
Have you not heard of cut and paste ? 😂

Anyway looks like a moot point assuming that the BBC report that I posted above is correct.

Looks like much of the original contract remains in place .

Difficult to know from that report exactly what the new obligations are and what of the original contract remains .

If I'm guessing they Spurs will have modified or deleted the obligation to pay a fee on the number of games played but the retention of performance related payments is intriguing. Does this refer to Dele scoring say 10 goals or Everton getting into Europe , we simply don't know.

I also presume that there will be a sell on clause.

Regardless of all this I still its pretty crazy that we are going to be offering what presumably will be a decent wage to a player who hasn't kicked a ball in 18 months and whose best days were 5 years ago.

Have you not heard of cut and paste ? 😂

Anyway looks like a moot point assuming that the BBC report that I posted above is correct.

Looks like much of the original contract remains in place .

Difficult to know from that report exactly what the new obligations are and what of the original contract remains .

If I'm guessing they Spurs will have modified or deleted the obligation to pay a fee on the number of games played but the retention of performance related payments is intriguing. Does this refer to Dele scoring say 10 goals or Everton getting into Europe , we simply don't know.

I also presume that there will be a sell on clause.

Regardless of all this I still its pretty crazy that we are going to be offering what presumably will be a decent wage to a player who hasn't kicked a ball in 18 months and whose best days were 5 years ago.
Yeah, that report says many (meaning not all) are remaining, and I’d assume the 20apps fee will have been waived/reduced because we will argue that he needs more than 7 games to show that worth. But no one knows what they are. Fees may also have been changed. No one knows. But Thelwell isn’t going to make a deal that is damaging to us after he has worked hard to get things under control.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.