2023/24 Dele

Sometimes it's better just to admit you got it wrong. @Goat does. Why I respect him. Why he's a top poster. @davek too

You lot that try and silence people that are warning you that you're not understanding things right you try and silence them 🤷‍♂️

Sometimes it would be better if you actually listened rather than shouting down then claiming you never said it

There's a load of you that got this dead wrong. Not the first time. You've allowed sentimentality and emotion and wishful thinking to blind you all. Yet again 🤷‍♂️

There was further fees. Substantial fees.

View attachment 264555

It's also why you went in exile/banned on here for years because you don't engage conversations, you hammer fake news before fake news was even a term and die on that hill until people disengage with you.

You "respect" other posters because they choose to dance around you and stay well away from lunacy.

If Dele does kick a ball for us again, it will restore there is indeed still some good in the game. Dyche won't be mugged off on his fitness. Everton have stood by the lad and he wants to pay that back. Think that is great outcome if this happens.
If he comes back and is good it would be an amazing feel good story and everyone in the country will be willing him to succeed (except when we play against their team)

And I don’t mean, if he comes back and is near world class like he was years ago because that’s very very unlikely but he could certainly have an impact like say Barkley at Luton last season (only with us actually winning games rather than being the biggest try-ers and still losing every week)

If he comes back and is good it would be an amazing feel good story and everyone in the country will be willing him to succeed (except when we play against their team)

And I don’t mean, if he comes back and is near world class like he was years ago because that’s very very unlikely but he could certainly have an impact like say Barkley at Luton last season (only with us actually winning games rather than being the biggest try-ers and still losing every week)
That’s a good comparison. Somehow, somewhere, Barkley has learned how to use his obvious talents in ways and areas of the field that his body can cope with, and he can do consistently. Dele will need to do the same. Not much chance he will simply return as an 80% version of what he was. Needs to get fit and probably reinvent for me. Be great if it happens, but it does add another risk to the experiment.

We’ve done some stupid things as a club. But given the horrendous financial constraints Dyche is operating in, and has already done fantastically in, not a chance he blows salary and potential mystery Spurs fees purely for sentiment. I trust that implicitly.

He can be involved in training and pre season matches before he signs. I'm just not sure where he is at with his fitness.
He’s back on the grass, but just needs to get himself fit fit, what I call premier league fit.
IMG_8136.jpeg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.