2023/24 Dele

I guess the one thing to read into this, or two things to be exact, is that there must be an interest in us keeping/re-signing the player AND there's an interest in him playing for us.

My heart says it's great, and if we can get significant playing time from him then it could be worth the gamble.

My head says we've seen nothing in the time he's been here to suggest he can offer anything.

We'll have to leave it to dyche and the rest of the coaching staff to decide of course...

Which will come first?

1) Dele Alli kicking a ball again for Everton

2) Damo understanding we don’t have to pay Spurs unless we sign him for free but then sell him on to someone else

I don’t think either will happen anytime soon

I guess the one thing to read into this, or two things to be exact, is that there must be an interest in us keeping/re-signing the player AND there's an interest in him playing for us.

My heart says it's great, and if we can get significant playing time from him then it could be worth the gamble.

My head says we've seen nothing in the time he's been here to suggest he can offer anything.

We'll have to leave it to dyche and the rest of the coaching staff to decide of course...
It’s worse than seeing nothing, he’s actively proven for years that he offers absolutely nothing

Ultimately we're not the club's accountants, so the gamble isn't actually ours. If we've got a chance of him being even half the player he was before he'd be better than many of our players. He won't disrupt the group either and clearly they won't give him big wages for this next contract. Let's give it a go for a year

The club and the EFC communications team have a track record of exaggeration and outright deceitfulness

q.v. Denise Barrett-Baxendale and the "fixed cost" stadium contract

You'll learn, one day

When this costs us millions and it comes out I'll remember to remind you all 🤷‍♂️
Respect the skepticism, season ticket holder myself for 17 years I’ve seen the lot - but it makes perfect sense for all involved.

Spurs don’t waive it - we don’t sign him on a new deal - they don’t get a penny.

Or, they waive the appearance fee - renegotiate the sell on fee - maybe get a few quid in the future.

Basically a ‘something, or nothing’ option for them. Don’t see why you can’t accept you read the situation wrong 😅, logical approach for all involved.

Damo, the article spells out that there is now no fee. The sell-on clause was reported as part of the original deal. I have assumed it remains but do not claim to know it as a fact. The clue is the word “presumably”. You are in davek territory here.

It doesn't say that. You're reading it as you want it to say not what it actually says

I'll remind you when the fees appear.

I'm off to let this thread "breath"

Just to let you know. Breathe has an e on the end.

Thank you for that. I'm on my phone hence the autocorrect didn't catch it

Enjoy the "breathing" thread. I'll remind you of what you've claimed when these "no fees" suddenly turn into actual fees. I won't let you forget it either 👍

Thank you for that. I'm on my phone hence the autocorrect didn't catch it

Enjoy the "breathing" thread. I'll remind you of what you've claimed when these "no fees" suddenly turn into actual fees. I won't let you forget it either 👍
😂 weird attitude to take. “I’m right so have to shove it in everyone’s face and say I told you so”.

But I don’t get notifications from you so do what you like.

The club and the EFC communications team have a track record of exaggeration and outright deceitfulness

q.v. Denise Barrett-Baxendale and the "fixed cost" stadium contract

You'll learn, one day

When this costs us millions and it comes out I'll remember to remind you all 🤷‍♂️
Pot meet kettle.

Attachments

• pancake.jpg
    pancake.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 4

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.