2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do know he was “ necking Benzos “ due to the abuse he suffered as a child ????

As for the balloons, a quick goggle search will throw you up lots of high profile footy players sucking on a balloon.

If the topic of discussion is childhood trauma and its relationship to problematic behaviours in later life, then Dele's childhood could be considered relevant. But when the topic of discussion is centred on whether Everton should employ him as a professional footballer, then his childhood should be considered utterly irrelevant, unless of course it is underpinning behaviours that are incompatible with professional football.

Feel free to take the “everything he’s been through” out of it then.

Fans still wanted us to sign Barkley, who up until last year had shown less than nothing since shafting us years ago.

You've fallen well and truly into the "Bill Kenwright" style of thinking. 👇

Everything is an emotional argument. If you don't agree with it you're a "fickle fan"

The fact is my only concern is what is good for Everton Football Club. Our club.

I don't want to continue the year in year out of offering players multi million pound contracts costing us all an arm and a leg for very little in return. We must run the club better than this

The same fickle fans who wanted us to sign Barkley from Luton aren’t willing to give this lad another chance after everything he’s been through.

Have a bit of understanding of the counter viewpoint. From concerned fans that want nothing but the best for Everton. We want to be on the right side of any contracts we give out. Not drowning as our money leaks out of the club

You've fallen well and truly into the "Bill Kenwright" style of thinking. 👇

Everything is an emotional argument. If you don't agree with it you're a "fickle fan"

The fact is my only concern is what is good for Everton Football Club. Our club.

I don't want to continue the year in year out of offering players multi million pound contracts costing us all an arm and a leg for very little in return. We must run the club better than this

Have a bit of understanding of the counter viewpoint. From concerned fans that want nothing but the best for Everton. We want to be on the right side of any contracts we give out. Not drowning as our money leaks out of the club
Good god you’re boring.

If the topic of discussion is childhood trauma and its relationship to problematic behaviours in later life, then Dele's childhood could be considered relevant. But when the topic of discussion is centred on whether Everton should employ him as a professional footballer, then his childhood should be considered utterly irrelevant, unless of course it is underpinning behaviours that are incompatible with professional football.
By Benzos, I assume you are talking about his sleeping pill addiction. There’s a much wider issue about sleeping pills in relation to footballers. There’s also reports of club doctors pushing them on players, which is how Dele actually started on them.

So its probably more common than you think, and I’d expect he isn’t the only one at the club who has used them.

Mate I didn’t even bother reading your last post to know if it suited me or it was convenient.

In fact, I probably skip about 95% of your posts because it’s just a wall of absolute waffle.

I'll go back to being a "fickle fan" then (your own words) as you suggest we offer Dele Alli a contract after "everything he's been through"

I'd suggest your views are sentimental tosh. No way to run a professional football club. Sorry.

I'll go back to being a "fickle fan" then (your own words) as you suggest we offer Dele Alli a contract after "everything he's been through"

I'd suggest your views are sentimental tosh. No way to run a professional football club. Sorry.
I’m not suggesting we do anything but get behind Dele if the club choose to offer him a contract.

They’re gonna do what they’re gonna do regardless of our angst towards the player.

That's the usual reply in a percentage of our fanbase when they hear something that doesn't suit them or it's too inconvenient 🤷‍♂️
This is wonderfully ironic given how many times you ignored everything anybody has said to you that didn’t suit you in this thread and just copy and pasted something irrelevant to the point

You genuinely think you’re some kind of Everton truth seeker revealing realities the rest of us mere mortals are too blind to comprehend don’t you 🤣

This is wonderfully ironic given how many times you ignored everything anybody has said to you that didn’t suit you in this thread and just copy and pasted something irrelevant to the point

You genuinely think you’re some kind of Everton truth seeker revealing realities the rest of us mere mortals are too blind to comprehend don’t you 🤣

This is a boring post. I'm just going to ignore it.

The whole threads boring mate feel free to ignore it all for a bit

Serious issues. I see some of the thinking of some of the posters in it, and I just think "what the...?"

I don't want to be continuing the same mistakes that have driven us to the brink, the past several years. If people can't see that handing out multi-million pound contracts willy nilly based on sentimental arguments, is an issue, we then have serious issues as a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back