2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the people who have worked with him and observed him feel he is worth the chance that’s good enough for me.
Dyche , Thelwell and our back room staff will have a far , far better idea of his capabilities than us.
If Dele can recover his mojo he will be the most talented and exciting player we have at the club.
We aren’t capable of buying or attracting that quality to the club at the moment , so it’s definitely worth taking a chance on Dele.
The only worrying note is that apparently he actually wants to play for us which does admittedly cast some doubt on his mental state .
Good luck to him anyway.
I look forward to seeing on the pitch this coming season .

The club seems to be acting with more pragmatism these days. The theatrical one is gone. Were he still here Dele would already have a new contract and some made up BK award.

Try to trust Thelwell and Dyche to not just give him a contract without feeling he can do the job.

There really is no point stating your complete opposition and the reasons for it in numerous ways, over and over again, even if he did get the leg over on your missus or whatever it is that has stuck in your craw about him

Again, you're making it a sentimentality or emotive discussion

I'm purely about what is best for Everton Football Club

If Dyche and Thelwell decide to sign him. Fine. But if he fails to perform or costs Everton millions of pounds for very little output then heads need to roll.

Just as "the theatrical one" should have been booted out of Everton for the original deal That cost us millions for virtually nothing.

The reason this keeps coming back and I'm having to repeat things is people keep denying things like the Spurs fees. Or come out with inane things like "get behind him" and "everything he's been through".

"Just get behind him" is an over used cliché at this point. No one needs to be told how to support Everton 🤷‍♂️

I want to see results and performances for our money. Nothing more nothing less 😌

Dele also dropped down a level. Did you forget he went to turkey for a year?

He then came back and underwent rehab and recovery.
He’s been training with the club since his recovery, and if they deem him worthy to give a contract to, then I’ll get behind him.

I’m mainly using Barkley as a player that everyone wrote off, yet some wanted him back despite him doing a lot less, for a longer period than Dele has.

“Getting high and playing computer games” yeah ok mate. That’s what’s happened here. Not showing your ignorance at all.

Where are you getting the idea that Barkley did a lot less than Dele for a longer period? Barkley won an FA Cup winners medal and UEFA cup winners medal at Chelsea before working hard and proving himself at Luton, and then securing himself a contract with a side competing in the Champions League. Whereas Dele Alli's love for computer games, and being in and out of rehab, is well documented, and the source comes from the horse's mouth. Barkley has been way more professional than Dele in the period you are talking about, and it shows!

Where are you getting the idea that Barkley did a lot less than Dele for a longer period? Barkley won an FA Cup winners medal and UEFA cup winners medal at Chelsea before working hard and proving himself at Luton, and then securing himself a contract with a side competing in the Champions League. Whereas Dele Alli's love for computer games, and being in and out of rehab, is well documented, and the source comes from the horse's mouth. Barkley has been way more professional than Dele in the period you are talking about, and it shows!

Let’s not lie.
Barkley done nothing at Chelsea. Hence being farmed out on a number of unsuccessful loan spells.

Yeah I’m not about to watch a speculative YouTube video, but thanks anyway.

Dele , by his own admission , has struggled with mental health problems for a prolonged period.
He has now faced up to these problems and, with the support of our club , sought treatment to rectify the damage he has suffered .
He has taken a courageous step in trying to rehabilitate himself with the help of professionals.
Barkley is a Rat.

Let’s not lie.
Barkley done nothing at Chelsea. Hence being farmed out on a number of unsuccessful loan spells.

Yeah I’m not about to watch a speculative YouTube video, but thanks anyway.

You mean you are going to remain ignorant to information that doesn't match the stance that you are maintaining. Barkley won more medals at Chelsea than Alli has in his entire career.

I can see your point with regards to recovery, but they are really different types of recovery. Barkley's recovery is a recovery in form, a footballing recovery. It's not recovery from issues that were serious enough to see him enter an addiction rehab facility. Totally different.

I wish Dele Alli all the best, and I'm glad that he likely has a media career to fall back on once his days as a footballer come to an end. But I don't think he's shown anything to warrant a contract extension at Everton, which is why I suspect that Everton, or anyone else, hasn't offered him a new contract.

If Dyche and Thelwell decide to sign him. Fine. But if he fails to perform or costs Everton millions of pounds for very little output then heads need to roll.

Just as "the theatrical one" should have been booted out of Everton for the original deal That cost us millions for virtually nothing.

The reason this keeps coming back and I'm having to repeat things is people keep denying things like the Spurs fees. Or come out with inane things like "get behind him" and "everything he's been through".

"Just get behind him" is an over used cliché at this point. No one needs to be told how to support Everton 🤷‍♂️

I want to see results and performances for our money. Nothing more nothing less 😌
I'm not emotional or sentimental about it at all. Not sure how you got that from 'pragmatism'
There are plenty of players that don't perform to their cost at plenty of clubs. Heads don't always have to roll

Like I said, the club seems to acting more pragmatically these days so if he gets a contract it probably seems he's more likely able to deliver on it than not. In fact, given the circumstances he is probably under more scrutiny than others and has more to prove preseason, so if he gets one Ill be looking forward to what he can deliver. Highly unlikely he'd be on as high a wage too.

And yea, if he is signed 'get behind him' though having put this much effort into saying we shouldn't I imagine that might be difficult for you.

That’s all sound mate, but…

The reason this keeps coming back and I'm having to repeat things is people keep denying things like the Spurs fees

Who’s denying the spurs fees?

The original deal was a kenwright farce, we’ve just told them to stick those fees up their hoops. The only thing still in place it seems is if he stays, performs well and we win stuff = all good for everyone. If he stinks the gaff out spurs get nothing.

In terms of his contract, Why would we allow Dele to have the same terms as he did with spurs now he’s a free agent, it will be pay as you play and performance related as we don’t have the panto of kenwright and moshiri.

If we don’t do that, your bang on, heads need to and will roll, especially if Dan the man is incoming as owner.

All the above = calm your titties and get behind the lad/Everton.

Dele , by his own admission , has struggled with mental health problems for a prolonged period.
He has now faced up to these problems and, with the support of our club , sought treatment to rectify the damage he has suffered .
He has taken a courageous step in trying to rehabilitate himself with the help of professionals.
Barkley is a Rat.

Well, the rat has just secured a move to a Champions League team, and Alli is unemployed pending a move to Wrexham or South Korea.

I can't be arsed arguing against the Barkley rat nonsense, it's so bloody immature, and it comes from the same book that changed Gary Speed's middle name to 'shithouse'.

I'm not emotional or sentimental about it at all. Not sure how you got that from 'pragmatism'
There are plenty of players that don't perform to their cost at plenty of clubs. Heads don't always have to roll

Like I said, the club seems to acting more pragmatically these days so if he gets a contract it probably seems he's more likely able to deliver on it than not. In fact, given the circumstances he is probably under more scrutiny than others and has more to prove preseason, so if he gets one Ill be looking forward to what he can deliver. Highly unlikely he'd be on as high a wage too.

And yea, if he is signed 'get behind him' though having put this much effort into saying we shouldn't I imagine that might be difficult for you.

You started going on as highlighted below.

The club seems to be acting with more pragmatism these days. The theatrical one is gone. Were he still here Dele would already have a new contract and some made up BK award.
Try to trust Thelwell and Dyche to not just give him a contract without feeling he can do the job.

There really is no point stating your complete opposition and the reasons for it in numerous ways, over and over again, even if he did get the leg over on your missus or whatever it is that has stuck in your craw about him

What does that have to do with the points I've raised about Dele Alli and this deal?

That’s all sound mate, but…

The reason this keeps coming back and I'm having to repeat things is people keep denying things like the Spurs fees

Who’s denying the spurs fees?

The original deal was a kenwright farce, we’ve just told them to stick those fees up their hoops. The only thing still in place it seems is if he stays, performs well and we win stuff = all good for everyone. If he stinks the gaff out spurs get nothing.

In terms of his contract, Why would we allow Dele to have the same terms as he did with spurs now he’s a free agent, it will be pay as you play and performance related as we don’t have the panto of kenwright and moshiri.

If we don’t do that, your bang on, heads need to and will roll, especially if Dan the man is incoming as owner.

All the above = calm your titties and get behind the lad/Everton.

You're denying them for one.

I'll make my own views on Dele Alli and this deal thank you.

Nowhere to be seen in the new training video posted on YouTube even though he went with the squad.

Seems strange to me that there is talk of us giving him a contract if he can’t even join in small sided games in training yet.

Well, the rat has just secured a move to a Champions League team, and Alli is unemployed pending a move to Wrexham or South Korea.

I can't be arsed arguing against the Barkley rat nonsense, it's so bloody immature, and it comes from the same book that changed Gary Speed's middle name to 'shithouse'.
Barkley deliberately acted against Everton’s interest when he left the club despite previously claiming to be a supporter as well as a player.
That’s the main reason I hold him in very low esteem.
There are other reasons , but they are non football related.

You started going on as highlighted below.
That wasn't me being emotional now was it! I was just facetiously speculating why you would seemingly lock yourself in a thread repeating the same things over and over, and over.
What does that have to do with the points I've raised about Dele Alli and this deal?
Nothing to do with the points. The points you've raised have been raised countless times and repeating them over and over, and over again serves no purpose other than to make people wonder if you are ok!?

I guess you are :) glad to hear it! Happy obsessing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back