2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are talking about Chelsea here, right? Nobody tells Chelsea what to do tbh, much less Ross Barkley. I find it really quite ridiculous to absolve hard nosed Chelsea, and put the blame on thick as two short planks Ross Barkley.

There were no other bidders, he was injured, and Chelsea were not in the mood to purchase an injured player, so they pulled out because contrary to popular belief, they were never obliged to sign Ross Barkley at all.
Barkley came out himself and stated "I simply decided that due to my injury, it would be best to make a decision on my future and assess all my options in January when fully fit.”

Having not spoken to either I cannot say

They will need to explain it

Even then anyone saying to me "just get behind him" will get told to do one. I detest the phrase.

I believe in performance management, which means performance. If you don't perform you make adjustments to perform. If you continue to not perform you at the end of the day replace people that will perform.
I also believe in performance management but we also need to trust the people executing the duties of their office, in this case Thelwell and Dyche.

If they do decide to offer a new contract, in supporting the club, and therefore supporting the players at the club, presumably you would extend that support to all players inc Alli.

I could be wrong here but my interpretation of the multitude of posts are posters stating they will get behind IF the club offers a new contract - I do not see that as being sentimental. (Yes, there are always going to be one or two who think it’s a fantastic story)

That wasn't me being emotional now was it! I was just facetiously speculating why you would seemingly lock yourself in a thread repeating the same things over and over, and over.

Nothing to do with the points. The points you've raised have been raised countless times and repeating them over and over, and over again serves no purpose other than to make people wonder if you are ok!?

I guess you are :) glad to hear it! Happy obsessing

You made it into an emotional argument. With reference to my "missus" or whatever it is he has "stick in your craw"
There really is no point stating your complete opposition and the reasons for it in numerous ways, over and over again, even if he did get the leg over on your missus or whatever it is that has stuck in your craw about him

I've told you my views. I've also told you that Spurs will be due fees. Which continues to be denied on here. If people wonder why it's being repeated, it's because they continue to be in denial.

It was reported by the BBC and still people deny it 🤷‍♂️

I also believe in performance management but we also need to trust the people executing the duties of their office, in this case Thelwell and Dyche.

If they do decide to offer a new contract, in supporting the club, and therefore supporting the players at the club, presumably you would extend that support to all players inc Alli.

I could be wrong here but my interpretation of the multitude of posts are posters stating they will get behind IF the club offers a new contract - I do not see that as being sentimental. (Yes, there are always going to be one or two who think it’s a fantastic story)

I will judge it as I see it. The days of giving blanket trust and blanket support are gone

It's as bad as people like that "Jack" on the BMD twitter spaces telling people to "just get behind them" when the AllTogetherNow protests were on. He doesn't have the first clue about what he talks about most times. He said that "we'll be fine" when players were disposed of. We then got a 8 point deduction for PSR.

It's people like that chatting wham trying to tell me what views I should have or how I should support Everton, I reject.

I make my own mind up and hold my own views and my concerns about Dele Alli and this deal remain. Aren't going away.

Barkley literally stated "I simply decided that due to my injury, it would be best to make a decision on my future and assess all my options in January when fully fit.”

Yeah, whilst Chelsea were in the background begging him to say otherwise because they were so desperate to buy an injured Barkley that wouldn’t have been able to play until January at the earliest.

I’ve been through this too many times to argue the toss about it. If people want to go all Gary Speed on Ross Barkley, then they are welcome to do so, but I think it lacks insight into the reality of the transfer market.

I will also add that I don’t believe in the fake injury conspiracy theory, which subsequently required Barkley to have a fake operation on his fake leg.
Or the fact he chose to delay his move to stay on Everton’s payroll while injured and leave for no fee ?
Anyway we clearly hold contrasting opinions on this player and this is a thread for Dele not the other fellah.
Hope Dele comes back and proves the doubters wrong .

I will judge it as I see it. The days of giving blanket trust and blanket support are gone

It's as bad as people like that "Jack" on the BMD twitter spaces telling people to "just get behind them" when the AllTogetherNow protests were on. He doesn't have the first clue about what he talks about most times. He said that "we'll be fine" when players were disposed of. We then got a 8 point deduction for PSR.

It's people like that chatting wham trying to tell me what views I should have or how I should support Everton, I reject.

I make my own mind up and hold my own views and my concerns about Dele Alli and this deal remain. Aren't going away.
You didn’t answer my question (and you don’t have to) about supporting Alli as much as any other Everton player if we re-sign him but that’s ok.

It was reported by the BBC at the time mate so it must be 100% factual. Sorry pal.
Yeah not only that he actually went to Chelsea for the medical. If he had wanted to see how his injury developed he and his agent wouldn’t have arranged the medical. It was clear as anything that they spoke with him down there.

Or the fact he chose to delay his move to stay on Everton’s payroll while injured and leave for no fee ?
Anyway we clearly hold contrasting opinions on this player and this is a thread for Dele not the other fellah.
Hope Dele comes back and proves the doubters wrong .

The injury was real. The idea that Chelsea were all up for signing an injured player that they could sign for half the price in a few months time is ridiculous! Chelsea just wouldn’t be that stupid, and neither would Everton for that matter.

Everton pulled out of a deal with Leroy Fer because there was a possibility that he might get injured ffs!

So you haven’t supported an Everton player since 1995? Figures.

And clearly the BBC were being factual and it's a 100% correct; that you denied 🤷‍♂️

1000005024.webp

It was reported by the BBC at the time mate so it must be 100% factual. Sorry pal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back