2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean you are going to remain ignorant to information that doesn't match the stance that you are maintaining. Barkley won more medals at Chelsea than Alli has in his entire career.

I can see your point with regards to recovery, but they are really different types of recovery. Barkley's recovery is a recovery in form, a footballing recovery. It's not recovery from issues that were serious enough to see him enter an addiction rehab facility. Totally different.

I wish Dele Alli all the best, and I'm glad that he likely has a media career to fall back on once his days as a footballer come to an end. But I don't think he's shown anything to warrant a contract extension at Everton, which is why I suspect that Everton, or anyone else, hasn't offered him a new contract.

We're talking about degrees of failure, but I think the proper phrase is that Barkley collected more trophies.

If Dyche thinks he can get something out of Dele, I think he's earned that trust. He's put aside short term results for long term gains (DCL) before, say what you want about the type of football but he can get the most out of players.

We're talking about degrees of failure, but I think the proper phrase is that Barkley collected more trophies.

If Dyche thinks he can get something out of Dele, I think he's earned that trust. He's put aside short term results for long term gains (DCL) before, say what you want about the type of football but he can get the most out of players.

I also don't think Dyche keeps him on, never mind puts his neck on the line for him if he's not convinced on his dedication. I'd imagine Dyche is quite a tough man to impress in that regard

Barkley deliberately acted against Everton’s interest when he left the club despite previously claiming to be a supporter as well as a player.
That’s the main reason I hold him in very low esteem.
There are other reasons , but they are non football related.

I’ve been through this too many times to argue the toss about it. If people want to go all Gary Speed on Ross Barkley, then they are welcome to do so, but I think it lacks insight into the reality of the transfer market.

I will also add that I don’t believe in the fake injury conspiracy theory, which subsequently required Barkley to have a fake operation on his fake leg.

I’ve been through this too many times to argue the toss about it. If people want to go all Gary Speed on Ross Barkley, then they are welcome to do so, but I think it lacks insight into the reality of the transfer market.

I will also add that I don’t believe in the fake injury conspiracy theory, which subsequently required Barkley to have a fake operation on his fake leg.
I don’t think he faked the injury. But Chelsea were happy to sign him despite being injured, and terms agreed and he changed his mind last second so that he could recover before going to them for less than half the fee.

I think Dele would already have been offered a contract if Dyche thought he was worth it. I don’t believe Dyche would have him in this unemployed limbo, with a deadline to improve his fitness just in time for transfer deadline day, if a new contract was genuinely being considered.

It’s just like Moyes allowing Lingard to train with West Ham before his move to South Korea. Nothing more.

I think Dele would already have been offered a contract if Dyche thought he was worth it. I don’t believe Dyche would have him in this unemployed limbo, with a deadline to improve his fitness just in time for transfer deadline day, if a new contract was genuinely being considered.

It’s just like Moyes allowing Lingard to train with West Ham before his move to South Korea. Nothing more.

They still needed to sort out the Tottenham fee stuff. He wouldn't have traveled with the squad if he wasn't being considered.

Serious issues. I see some of the thinking of some of the posters in it, and I just think "what the...?"

I don't want to be continuing the same mistakes that have driven us to the brink, the past several years. If people can't see that handing out multi-million pound contracts willy nilly based on sentimental arguments, is an issue, we then have serious issues as a club.
Quick question. BK has gone. Moshiri seemingly on way out (there’s never been any sentimentality with him anyway they way he carelessly hired and fired managers) and Thelwell and Dyche between them have been here no more than a couple of years and they are the key people in any decision as far as Alli goes.

IF the club decides to offer a new contract - do you think they will have both agreed a new contract based on sentimentality or having see his recovery/progress/fitness to be offered one?

They still needed to sort out the Tottenham fee stuff. He wouldn't have traveled with the squad if he wasn't being considered.

I don’t agree. Again, I think it’s just like Lingard training with West Ham.

We quite rightly sacked Mina off because of his injury history, and he had actually demonstrated some ability in an Everton shirt. Whereas Dele’s shown absolutely nothing in an Everton shirt in a two and a half year period. I’d be absolutely amazed if we were stupid enough to offer him a new contract.

I don’t think we will end up giving him a new contract but it is possible that we only give him a shorter contract as well as less money e.g. a contract up until January like a minimal loan period. There are plenty of options if Dyche / Thelwell agree to give him a new contract which won’t necessarily damage the club.

Quick question. BK has gone. Moshiri seemingly on way out (there’s never been any sentimentality with him anyway they way he carelessly hired and fired managers) and Thelwell and Dyche between them have been here no more than a couple of years and they are the key people in any decision as far as Alli goes.

IF the club decides to offer a new contract - do you think they will have both agreed a new contract based on sentimentality or having see his recovery/progress/fitness to be offered one?

Having not spoken to either I cannot say

They will need to explain it

Even then anyone saying to me "just get behind him" will get told to do one. I detest the phrase. :dodgy:

I believe in performance management, which means performance. If you don't perform you make adjustments to perform. If you continue to not perform you at the end of the day replace people, to those that will perform.

I don’t think he faked the injury. But Chelsea were happy to sign him despite being injured, and terms agreed and he changed his mind last second so that he could recover before going to them for less than half the fee.

We are talking about Chelsea here, right? Nobody tells Chelsea what to do tbh, much less Ross Barkley. I find it really quite ridiculous to absolve hard nosed Chelsea, and put the blame on thick as two short planks Ross Barkley.

There were no other bidders, he was injured, and Chelsea were not in the mood to purchase an injured player, so they pulled out because contrary to popular belief, they were never obliged to sign Ross Barkley at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back