2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
charlie-day-headache-migraine-reaction-0ij9ydm47203brn4.gif

Serious issues. I see some of the thinking of some of the posters in it, and I just think "what the...?"

I don't want to be continuing the same mistakes that have driven us to the brink, the past several years. If people can't see that handing out multi-million pound contracts willy nilly based on sentimental arguments, is an issue, we then have serious issues as a club.
Do we even know how much we are offering him per week, if we even are offering him anything at this stage?

I’ve only seen that we’ve done a deal with spurs which bins the nonsense one that chairman bill drew up, so that we don’t have to pay them anything for a free feckin agent, and that dele is getting a chance to prove his fitness in pre-season. Seems like good news for everyone involved from an Everton perspective.

Dunno why your getting your tits in a twizzle.

Do we even know how much we ar offering him if we even are offering him anything at this stage?

I’ve only seen that we’ve done a deal with spurs which bins the nonsense one that chairman bill drew up, so that we don’t have to pay them anything for a free feckin agent, and that dele is getting a chance to prove his fitness in pre-season. Seems like good news for everyone involved from an Everton perspective.

Wrong.

1721146621785.webp

Wrong.

View attachment 264917
That’s talking about the agreement with spurs mate, and that we don’t pay them a fee aside from bonuses due to his positive performance on the pitch and a sell on clause - the beeb article has nothing about what contract or terms we are offering him IF WE DO.

So……WRONG. Untwist your knickers hun.

That’s talking about the agreement with spurs mate, and that we don’t pay them a fee aside from bonuses due to his positive performance on the pitch and a sell on clause - the beeb article has nothing about what contract or terms we are offering him IF WE DO.

So……WRONG. Untwist your knickers hun.

I'll let you go re-read your post again.

Do we even know how much we are offering him per week, if we even are offering him anything at this stage?

The only issue with the original contract was that we gave him one in the first place! The clauses are just normal clauses they only seem weird because we’re considering giving a new contract to someone who has only started 1 game for us in 2 1/2 years people are looking at it all wrong!

Wrong.

View attachment 264917
Or are you wrong? We can all quote various parts of different news article, I think its safe to say no one actually knows whats been agreed and what hasn’t. Probably best to let it play out and then decide if it’s anything to get wound up over.

Spurs miss out on 'significant' payment as Dele Alli agreement reached
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/foot...ontract-tottenham-fee-33238075?utm_source=app

Attachments

• IMG_5741.webp
    IMG_5741.webp
    196.8 KB · Views: 6
Or are you wrong? We can all quote various parts of different news article, I think its safe to say no one actually knows whats been agreed and what hasn’t. Probably best to let it play out and then decide if it’s anything to get wound up over.

Spurs miss out on 'significant' payment as Dele Alli agreement reached
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/foot...ontract-tottenham-fee-33238075?utm_source=app

That is just in relation to a new contract extension.

I'm not wrong. All of the appearance related payments are still there just in a revised form.

Feel free to take the “everything he’s been through” out of it then.

Fans still wanted us to sign Barkley, who up until last year had shown less than nothing since shafting us years ago.

I'm sorry, but I'm struggling to understand the connection between Dele and Barkley? Perhaps you are referring to the possibility of recovery? In which case Barkley puled his socks up and dropped down a level before proving his worth to earn himself a contract at a club competing in the Champions League. Whereas Dele has spent the last few years getting high whilst playing computer games, which is why I'm struggling with the connection / comparison?

I'm sorry, but I'm struggling to understand the connection between Dele and Barkley? Perhaps you are referring to the possibility of recovery? In which case Barkley puled his socks up and dropped down a level before proving his worth to earn himself a contract at a club competing in the Champions League. Whereas Dele has spent the last few years getting high whilst playing computer games, which is why I'm struggling with the connection / comparison?
Dele also dropped down a level. Did you forget he went to turkey for a year?

He then came back and underwent rehab and recovery.
He’s been training with the club since his recovery, and if they deem him worthy to give a contract to, then I’ll get behind him.

I’m mainly using Barkley as a player that everyone wrote off, yet some wanted him back despite him doing a lot less, for a longer period than Dele has.

“Getting high and playing computer games” yeah ok mate. That’s what’s happened here. Not showing your ignorance at all.

That is just in relation to a new contract extension.

I'm not wrong. All of the appearance related payments are still there just in a revised form.
The club seems to be acting with more pragmatism these days. The theatrical one is gone. Were he still here Dele would already have a new contract and some made up BK award.
Try to trust Thelwell and Dyche to not just give him a contract without feeling he can do the job.

There really is no point stating your complete opposition and the reasons for it in numerous ways, over and over again, even if he did get the leg over on your missus or whatever it is that has stuck in your craw about him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back