2023/24 Dele

Well, there's quite well-known reasons why this may have come to fruition, so I think we have to show some form of compassion and understanding.

No we don’t ,

Facts are facts , why would you pay someone to be a footballer that doesn’t play football anymore and has no desire too?

Makes zero sense. Not saying that I don’t understand his situation but when does it end?

If a serial killer was treated badly as a child and turns into a killer in later life… I can understand why this happened but it doesn’t change the person he is now.

Deli is not a bad person etc and I get that he’s had issues and I wish him all the best, but in no way does wishing him the best mean we have to pay him 100k a week while we are being deducted points for FFP and fighting to stay in the league and he’s not contributing to the cause.

Wasn't BK a good mate of Levy? That would probably explain why

Bill probably thought he was, levy was just reaming him .

Bills in London this week…. Might give him a call and see if he wants to take me out and pay for my dinner, Uber and might be able to score a couple of free theatre tickets , sign their best player and offload our most expensive price of dead wood onto him

No we don’t ,

Facts are facts , why would you pay someone to be a footballer that doesn’t play football anymore and has no desire too?

Makes zero sense. Not saying that I don’t understand his situation but when does it end?

If a serial killer was treated badly as a child and turns into a killer in later life… I can understand why this happened but it doesn’t change the person he is now.

Deli is not a bad person etc and I get that he’s had issues and I wish him all the best, but in no way does wishing him the best mean we have to pay him 100k a week while we are being deducted points for FFP and fighting to stay in the league and he’s not contributing to the cause.
Okay. So to clarify, where is the evidence that proves beyond reasonable doubt that he doesn't want to play football any more, and has no desire too?

Where has this ever been stated as a fact? The audacity to use a perverse analogy of comparing him to a serial killer is scrapping the barrel.

If we really want to talk about facts, we could talk about how we signed him, offered him a legally binding contract, and we signed on the dotted line.

Yes, I'd much rather he was a) contributing with playing time or b) off somewhere else, but the fact of the matter is that as his employer we have a responsibility.

If he can come good, great. If he doesn't, it's been a frustrating and costly few years, but that's the risk we took. Here and now, though, he needs our support

No we don’t ,

In using this sentence alone, I‘m 99.9% certain that you don’t have a degree in Criminology, Psychology or any Social sciences.

Bill probably thought he was, levy was just reaming him .

Bills in London this week…. Might give him a call and see if he wants to take me out and pay for my dinner, Uber and might be able to score a couple of free theatre tickets , sign their best player and offload our most expensive price of dead wood onto him
Erm....I don't get this post.

I like the lad and would have paid 10 mill at the start of the season.

But he’s still not fit to play, we’re at GW 16, when will he back GW 20 maybe.. he’s not worth 8 mill for about 10 games.

No one wins here really.

Offer Spurs 1 mill and if it’s a no, hang them in the press, for throwing obstacles in the lads recovery.

Last edited:
Hindsight is easy tbf, I think the club panicked because we lost 4 games and drew one before the January window closed and where slipping close to the relegation zone.

So we took a risk knowing if we could get him to perform he would save us from relegation and therefore the wages or potential additional fees would be worth it 5 fold.

And he did come on in the second half against Palace at 0-2 down after a horror show by Gomes and general comedy defending and he contributed in Everton winning and in us surviving.

So for me he was worth the punt and wish him the best regardless whether he plays for us again or not.

No we don’t ,

But he’s still not fit to play, we’re at GW 16, when will he back GW 20 maybe.. he’s not worth 8 mill for about 10 games.

No one wins here really.

Offer Spurs 1 mill and if it’s a no hang them in the press, for throwing obstacles in the lads recovery.
Yes, its a shame as we know there is talent there but the whole thing just seems to drag on and on with no end to it.

No one wins here really.

Offer Spurs 1 mill and if it’s a no, hang them in the press, for throwing obstacles in the lads recovery.
We don’t have a pot to urinate in. We are struggling to pay the day to day running costs of the business. No deal will be struck. He will make no more than the handful of appearances he is allowed to make without triggering the payment. There would be great PR for Spurs if they were to waive the fee completely. Won’t happen though