2021/22 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he's good, he's very good.

When he's not, he's very frustrating.

There's a reason he's moved around a lot since breaking through at Birmingham, hugely Inconsistent.

If we can get him out and use that money for Sarr (who admittedly had a d awful year with Watford) I'd be OK with it.
Swap player that played well for us, probably player of the season until Feb, won games for us for a player that has barely played well in the premier league for 3 seasons?

Swap player that played well for us, probably player of the season until Feb, won games for us for a player that has barely played well in the premier league for 3 seasons?
Actually, yeah.

There's a reason he cost what he did.

My main point is the right wide area needs more attention than the left.

Compare Richarlison, Gordon, Gray and potentially Dobbin with Townsend and the departing El Ghazi and its grim.

Yes, Richarlison may well go, but Gray is the most disposable of the list.

Selling on FFP grounds is one thing, but keeping on we need to keep our best players grounds is another.

If we sold him for 20m we have made fools of ourselves
Respectfully disagree, there are plenty of Grey types out there, and selling him for an £18m profit, is exactly what we haven't done in the past and is why we are in this predicament.

Not a chance we'd get 20 mil for him. Concentrate on sorting out central mid and defence. Love all these stories about how we're going to sell around 5 players and get 70m upwards to spend on a new team. We also have a horrible record of selling the few good players we do have and then buying utter tosh to replace them.

So you’d rather sell richarlison and keep gray
No, but, it's not worth selling gray because we won't get a big fee, and it won't be easy to replace him with what ever we get unless we get lucky, again.
At least Richarlison would give us a lot of money to spend.

I thought the days of us being a selling club were gone..

Status
Not open for further replies.