2023/24 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaks volumes really.

Also with how much others in the rest of the squad have openly praised Dyche in how he works with them I’m thinking this is Gray chatting nonsense.

Makes perfect sense really, even before Dyche came you could tell Gray was lazy and selfish, not a team player at all. He’d score the odd goal but he’d always try these stupid shots or never pass in the right moment because he wanted all the glory himself.

Players like that don’t get into most teams these days because managers don’t want to put up with them and it’s not like Gray was ever so prolific that you’d be harming the team without him.

Good riddance I say.

Speaks rubbish like his football is rubbish. Just look at your undeserved bank balance d...head. and shut up.
I don’t rate him. And he was dropped as soon as Dyche came in when things were desperate and based on nothing but contribution and effectiveness. If they thought he could help he would have played. He DID but I’m some decent shifts isolated up front.

But I fully understand him feeling he has been disrespected if he had a loan or sale lined up somewhere closer, we let him have a medical, then when we get a scent of another interested Saudi club, we tell him he is getting sold there. I mean, that’s best for club finances, but the fella has kids in the UK. Maybe being filthy rich in Saudi doesn’t make up for the distance to family?? It wouldn’t for me.

I would like to hear Dyche counter these claims in the next presser, rather than just ignore it. As it stands, it’s more fuel for media criticism of our otherwise spotless club.

Speaks volumes really.

No no no, perfectly innocuous comment, nothing to be interpreted there.
IMG_4689.jpeg

Can understand Gray's frustrations. Not clever to post that but if you've been frozen out and there's no way back, what's to lose?

Dyche and the club, even if they were trying to move him on could have handled this so it was on good terms and also kept a way open for him to come back in if he didn't leave.
What’s to lose? It’s like posting criticism of your boss on LinkedIn and expecting possible future employers not to notice.

Banished from the team, publicly labelled unfit, allowed to agree terms and complete medical before being told the move is off... I think he's been treated appallingly and has every right to voice his displeasure.

Useful player on his day, but was never his day often enough to be honest.

Less than 1 goal in 6 games for us… Harrison got more than 1 in 5 during his premier league seasons with Leeds and Danjuma more than 1 in 3 for Villarreal.

Dyche obviously doesn’t want him, no point keeping him if he’s not going to play.
His day was once a season. Not an Everton player (not that that is the current bar for a contract here these days…).

I’d agree with most that he is not an effective 90 minute player, but he has scored points winning goals for us e,g, against Man City and against Arsenal, so I’m in two minds as I think given the reported fee, we would be better off keeping him as an attacking option from the bench…..we struggle for goals as it is.

What’s to lose? It’s like posting criticism of your boss on LinkedIn and expecting possible future employers not to notice.
Yeah but football is different - I agree no one should do that in a normal industry but football is an industry that takes no notice of those things

You have to put aside a number of things, doesn't anyone learn from the likes of Aaron Lennon or Dele?

How the players are treated is important. Not just about Dyche. Being frozen out is not right and we've got form with previous managers doing it.
Funny you mention Lennon and Dele as they’re 2 players that have directly come out and said how good Dyche himself had been with them. Same with many other players.

By all accounts Dyche seems like a good man and a good man-manager, Gray seems like a knob. This is a nothing story from a player with an undeserved ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.