Derby build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what, I'll just be happy to see us go to Anfield and actually turn up for once. I'm 23 and I don't remember the win when I was 9, and I would love us to go for the win.

As much as I'd love to play them off the park today, I would happily settle for scuffling one in off a knee or an OG to win. Hardly a revelation there I know.

I've spent the entire day daydreaming about all the Evertonian bossness that will come about tonight. I'm excited for this, for once in my lifetime I am actually excited for a derby. Come on Everton, time to make some legends

Its all about the 11,it does not matter if you like them or not,if they are good or you moan at them saying they shouldnt be in the team,as long as they put there heart in to it,thats all thats matters to me in the game that matters to the fans,having the so called better team has meant nothing in a derby a lot of the time with us.i really do fancy our chances tonight,[it might not last long though who know's.]

One thing I hate is going down by two early goals to them, happened last year, great comeback but I dont want to see that tonight. We must be on top focus with Suarez.

I'm thinking play Osman... get him to go studs-high on Suarez's knees and put him out for the season... watch them drop down the league. Osman banned for life, two birds with one stone.

I want to read a match report similar to this tomorrow..

After 40 minutes of Everton domination without reward Louis Suarez brakes free and latches on to a Steven Gerrard hoof however Sylvain Distin has the situation under control leaving Suarez to do what he does best and blatantly throw himself to the floor winning the home side a penalty to the disgust of the match commentators and the army of blues baying for his blood.

Steven Gerrard converts the penalty and Liverpool finish the half a goal to the good .
The half time analysis has an awkward ex Liverpool player trying to distract the blame from Suarez and claiming its a legitimate tactic in today's game highlighting several Manchester United players to make his point valid

The second half starts and Everton once again are the dominant force with superb displays from The holding midfielders allowing great passing play in the Liverpool half however the blues still remain frustrated by a combination of great luck for Liverpool and some rather dodgy decisions by the referee

With only minutes remaining The Liverpool fans now sensing another derby victory are in fine voice taunting the evertonians with a deafening rendition of you'll never walk alone Roberto Martinez brings on Ross Barkley despite him not being 100% fit and the young Everton wizard immediately tests the Liverpool keeper with a 30 yard half volley with the Liverpool keeper does well to tip over the bar

From the resulting corner Liverpool desperately clear from the area to Evertons john stones who dribbles round Daniel Sturrage and then brilliantly nutmegs Louis Suarez before being cruelly brought down from behind by ageing Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard who inexplicably escapes a yellow card to the dismay of the match commentators

Although not seriously injured stones is replaced by Tony Hibbert to the jeers of the Liverpool fans but them jeers where quickly silenced as Evertons Ross Barkley curled in a beautiful free kick into the top corner of the Liverpool net cue pandemonium from the evertonians with a dozen or so of them ending up on the pitch unable to contain their delirium .

After calming things down the referee restarts the match with Everton hungry for a winner against a shell shocked Liverpool the fourth official holds up the board to signal 4 minutes of injury time with Liverpool hanging on for an undeserved point and in Martin Skirtles case quite literally hanging on to Romelu Lukakus shirt in the area only for Evertons appeals for a justified penalty waved away by the referee.

With 20 seconds of injury time remaining Everton launch one last attack beautifully carving Liverpool open once again and this time they wasn't to be denied with Baines and Barry working brilliantly together to create an opening for oncoming full back Hibbert to stun anfield with a rocket of a shot into the bottom corner leaving Mignolet with no chance and the rest of the Liverpool team devastated with heads in their hands surrounded by thousands of evertonians mobbing the match winner in the centre circle

The referee blows the final whistle and a red faced liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers storms down the tunnel refusing to shake the everton manager by the hands amid scenes of jubilant passion from everyone connected with the blue half of merseyside celebrating a derby that will forever live in the memory of all that witnessed it .

Coyb

Reckon it might go off tonight....... My gut feeling is telling me the ' friendly ' derby won't be in the script tonight. I can see a red card tonight, been a while hasn't it ? Injury time winner anyone ? s***house ref decisions ? All happening tonight lads, im feeling like turd right now.

help me

You know what, I'll just be happy to see us go to Anfield and actually turn up for once. I'm 23 and I don't remember the win when I was 9, and I would love us to go for the win.

With you mate. If we go there with a change of attitude compared to other years its a step in the right direction. We'll win though, because, why shouldn't we? Bar Suarez and Sturridge they are average whereas we are extremely balanced with threats all over.

With you mate. If we go there with a change of attitude compared to other years its a step in the right direction. We'll win though, because, why shouldn't we? Bar Suarez and Sturridge they are average whereas we are extremely balanced with threats all over.

Unfortunately these two are probably the 2 best strikers in the league at the moment, if we're weak at the back I'm afraid they may wreak havock and be 3-0 up at half time. If we can get Jags, Distin, Pienaar and Barkley back we'll beat them but it's a big if.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back