Derby build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without Barkley or Deulofeu we seem to lack a spark of invention.
Kind of worried about tonight - feel that all the injuries have piled up at the wrong time.
That goofy racist will grab a goal or two. :(

I guess I will never, truly understand the passion of the Derby from this distance but it's clear it is the main priority for most Evertonians but...with respect...isn't it a little "small time" to want to risk the season results against a victory in a local derby?

I'm just concerned that if our focus is truly on the derby only, then mediocrity elsewhere will become acceptable. I think the biggest insult we could dish out across the park would be to stop calling it a derby & making a big deal out of it, and just say it only means another 3 points.

Just a thought.

For me this is not 1 game, this is the biggest definition of a 6 point game you are likely to see, for me, It is between us and Liverpool for 4th place, we just can't afford to lose this.

Before anybody points out that this is how games of football always work, for me tonight is about outscoring the opposition and that is where all of the focus will be because defensively there is a struggle on at the moment for both teams. Martinez and their manager will be focussing on getting it forward constantly for me.

On another matter, do we harbour superstitions on putting a tenner on with the bookies - will I be jinxing us or is it okay?

cant see Martinez picking Hibbert unless he literally has no other option - if you were to handpick a player from the entire premiership who would be the least likely to fit into RM's system it would be Hibbert, add to the pot the fact that he's not match fit i think its a recipe for disaster, i fear another malouda cup final episode........

Lads mentioning on FB that Coleman and Barkley are fit enough to play, dunno how true or where the info come from but would be cracking if it's true.

Quickly! Someone photoshop Suarez' face onto this carp.
Then we can make stupid angling jokes - "with that face, no wonder they're biting!"

article-2347559-1A7C8391000005DC-368_634x353.jpg

Anyone notice something on saturday?

Hibbert was getting himself into goal scoring positions ala coleman! I noticed a chance in the second half where if the ball had gone another way, he was primed to lash in home into the bottom corner. Sadly it didnt reach him but perhaps 89th minute, hibbert turns the stadium into a riot?

Anyone notice something on saturday?

Hibbert was getting himself into goal scoring positions ala coleman! I noticed a chance in the second half where if the ball had gone another way, he was primed to lash in home into the bottom corner. Sadly it didnt reach him but perhaps 89th minute, hibbert turns the stadium into a riot?
wonder if they have taken out insurance .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back