Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard
Baines Jags Distin Stones
Barry McCarthy
Mirallas Barkley Pienaar
Lukaku

Realistic with doubts or?

That would mean bench of: McGeady, Hibbert, Joel, Troare, Vellios, Naismith???

Have heard

Howard
Baines Jags Stones Hibbert
Barry McCarthy
Mirallas Barkley Pienaar
Lukaku

but unsure how true - just a text from someone who says that's the team that's "going around"

The result of this game really does depend on Ross Barkley, I fear.

Even with him in the team and below par, L'pool will fear him and what he can do.

They must surely start with 3 in the centre of midfield... Allen (injury doubt), Gerrard and Henderson.... but with them playing 2 up front that would mean that they play 3 at the back.... do they even have 3 fit CB's?

Their injury woes are more debilitating than ours imo. Even with no Ross, we have a few choices.

Im hoping KM plays on the wing. They literally have no full backs apart from a half fit Flanagan. He could tear them a new one should he be "up for it".

Good god im nervous.

Looks like we're gonna have

Howard
Hibbert Jagielka Alcaraz Baines
Barry McCarthy
Mirallas Barkley Pienaar
Lukaku​

I'd rather have Alcaraz in and Stones at RB personally.

Looks like we're gonna have

Howard
Hibbert Jagielka Alcaraz Baines
Barry McCarthy
Mirallas Barkley Pienaar
Lukaku​

I'd rather have Alcaraz in and Stones at RB personally.

That team would win if selected.

Right now though, im not confident it will be the team

If we have that front 6 available from the start, we shouldn't have much to worry about, as long as at least 1 of the first choice centre backs is available.

I don't think, with their midfield, they're going to dominate us and have us under the cosh for long periods. They won't have the players out who can keep the ball for long enough.

Deulofeu would have been dynamite for today, for attacking on the break. Ah well...

Request:

when offering up likely starting formations, can people leave the back four out? I dont think I'm the only one affected by projectile vomiting today reading this thread.

Thanks.

If we have that front 6 available from the start, we shouldn't have much to worry about, as long as at least 1 of the first choice centre backs is available.

I don't think, with their midfield, they're going to dominate us and have us under the cosh for long periods. They won't have the players out who can keep the ball for long enough.

Deulofeu would have been dynamite for today, for attacking on the break. Ah well...

I really dont get where this idea that turning up there tonight is going to be relatively simple with a lot of players out.

It's utter nonsense. If someone offered a draw right now I'd take their arm off up to their shoulder. We'd have been right up against it even with our full first team out. But there seems to be an idea knocking about that if Villa went there and dominated play then an understrength Everton can. We cant though, and this isn't Villa for them it's the Derby. They will be pumped up for this one as the biggest game they've faced all season.

----------Howard----------
Stones, Jags, Distin, Baines.
-------Barry, McCarthy
Mirallas---Barkley---Pienaar
----------Lukaku----------

I think there's a lot of porky pies going around on certain injuries.

McGeady ready to torment from the bench.

----------Howard----------
Stones, Jags, Distin, Baines.
-------Barry, McCarthy
Mirallas---Barkley---Pienaar
----------Lukaku----------

I think there's a lot of porky pies going around on certain injuries.

McGeady ready to torment from the bench.

Spot on. Wouldn't mind Alcaraz instead of Distin. I think his composure would be handy tonight.

I really dont get where this idea that turning up there tonight is going to be relatively simple with a lot of players out.

It's utter nonsense. If someone offered a draw right now I'd take their arm off up to their shoulder. We'd have been right up against it even with our full first team out. But there seems to be an idea knocking about that if Villa went there and dominated play then an understrength Everton can. We cant though, and this isn't Villa for them it's the Derby. They will be pumped up for this one as the biggest game they've faced all season.

So will we .

As i posted earlier. The one doing the rounds from a so-called 'reputable source' is that Barkley and Pienaar start, aswell as Hibbo, Late Jagielka fitness test, and if he fails it Alcaraz will start.

McGeady, Garbutt on bench, but no one has mentioned Traore.

Confident of a win tonight, for no other reason than I'm not going! First one at Anfield I've missed since my first one in 1999, which is 14 games in a row that I've not seen us win.

I had a similar record at Old Trafford (never seen us win there), and this year was the first time I didn't go in about 10 years.

If we win I may never go to the match again, we'll be Champions next year!

Hmmm...1999, which was our last win there.

Yes I think it's strongly advisable that you stay away from the match altogether. The omens are good.

Just for the record, when I said "we shouldn't have much to worry about" I didn't mean it was going to be easy.

If a lot of the talk is true and we put out our first choice midfield and attack with Barkley and Pienaar, it should cause them a lot of problems and we should also have more possession if we're on our game with the ball. That would take pressure off the lads at the back. They will score tonight, if not from a set-piece, through one of the front two, but you can't rule us out if we have Barkley and Mirallas out there. They will not be looking forward to taking those two on.

If, however, we are going to be missing Barkley and/or Pienaar, things could become much more difficult ball retention-wise and I think the ball could end up coming right back at us all night as they like to get it up to the front two quickly. In this case, the odds suggest it could be a long night, given our weakened back line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back