Would you like Costa?

• Yes!

Votes: 561 84.1%
  • Noooo!

Votes: 106 15.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
TBF, on the transfers, that didnt help. The certainty.

But believe me, the info was sourced, the conclusions, not so.

But he has broad enough shoulders.

I don't doubt that to be honest Roydo, never really had him down as a fake ITK. The problem was he used to present his sources info with a cast iron guarantee and we all know that nothing is a guarantee in football.

Because Esk was/is a well respected poster and Mod on here, and for reasons I will never reveal, (he is a mate in the real world), did get access to info early in the Moshiri days.

Unfortunately, he posted names and targets that actually never happened, with a degree of certainty. The fact that he called plenty of other, mainly non player related stuff, correctly, is lost on most in here, so hence, if he now says a deal is done, it isnt, in GOT land, and conversely, if he says its "off", its "on", in GOT world.

But I am biased, like I say, I know him.
It was the absolute certainty of his posts that did it for him with the mob on here. Personally I couldn't understand it and mentioned it to him a few times, but I guess it was just his style.

Are you still in touch with him mate.? Give him my regards if so. Personally I miss him from the forum.

Would take this all day long!!
I understand the effect it could have if he leaves in Jan, however if he has a big impact like he has at Chelsea, his goals could put us in a healthy position to get just as good a replacement in Jan!

Massive statement this signing would be !

TBF, on the transfers, that didnt help. The certainty.

But believe me, the info was sourced, the conclusions, not so.

But he has broad enough shoulders.
I think it is all said as a bit of a laugh, tbh.

I think anyone who was posting when Esk was on here regularly knows he is a very intelligent and all round sound fella.

He was maybe just a tad too optimistic. At the end of the day, if he is putting it out there, he is doing so in good faith.

I hope last summer's transfer window isn't the reason he isn't on here anymore.

Massive statement this signing would be !

Don't think a four month loan could ever be considered a massive statement tbh mate, but I agree it would be nice to have some proven bona fide quality up front until Christmas.

Trouble then is - who is selling great strikers in the January transfer window. But, one problem at a time I guess.

Because Esk was/is a well respected poster and Mod on here, and for reasons I will never reveal, (he is a mate in the real world), did get access to info early in the Moshiri days.

Unfortunately, he posted names and targets that actually never happened, with a degree of certainty. The fact that he called plenty of other, mainly non player related stuff, correctly, is lost on most in here, so hence, if he now says a deal is done, it isnt, in GOT land, and conversely, if he says its "off", its "on", in GOT world.

But I am biased, like I say, I know him.
He got koeman right before anyone, and seems like a sound lad, knows his stuff about the business side of things, I think it's proper small time the crap he gets!

Don't think a four month loan could ever be considered a massive statement tbh mate, but I agree it would be nice to have some proven bona fide quality up front until Christmas.

Trouble then is - who is selling great strikers in the January transfer window. But, one problem at a time I guess.

For me, us taking Costa for four months is just us buying time while getting quality in on the short term. Better we do that then panic buy someone for over the odds. may end up in the same position in Jan but at least we would have had a reliable striker in for four months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back