Would you like Costa?

• Yes!

Votes: 561 84.1%
  • Noooo!

Votes: 106 15.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that this would be the case for 99% of players seeking a move, but have you ever seen Costa not bust a gut? He literally can't help it, guy is insane.

There are certain players who actually give there all, all the time.
I think costa is one of them, born winner, can see that with the aggression etc he plays with.

If he comes then hopefully we get that as there's clearly a good player there that would improve us.

For me, Costa is killing time until he goes to Atletico in the January window. His reputation wouldn't be enhanced much by a strong spell with us, but an injury would damage his prospects of a move, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him playing at 70% if he came to us for a few months to keep reasonably match fit but without ever busting a gut for the jersey.

Despite being a horrible snide, I'd be okay with a 100% firing Costa leading the line, but not one that's holding a lot back until he gets the move he really wants. We've got to be better than that.
Agree - what are we coming to, little more than a fitness coach for Atletico!

I think its a great deal for all involved, ONLY if its not our sole forward until Jan.

We get a class striker for 25 games, Chelsea benefit as he could help us take points off all their title rivals, Costa is fully matchfit when he joins Atletico which helps him and Atletico both.

How many of these 20 odd games is he going to end up suspended for?
Rough guess? Six.

His past indiscretions whilst playing for Chelski have been many and regular. The only reason he hasn't been repeatedly banned is because he has been favoured by refs due to playing for a "sky 6" team. If he moves to us he'd lose that protection and would pick up several cards pretty quickly just by playing the way he has done on the last few seasons.

Glyfi didnt play more than one or two pre-season games before joinging us. Came off the bench within a week. As you say 14 days max IMO
Gylfi didn't skip the entire pre-season and spend it lying on a beach piling on weight, with the occasional beach ball five-a-side thrown in for giggles.

I guess we'll only find out if Mosh pulls the trigger and signs him.

I would take costa,but i dont see point in only 4 months if till jan,same problem we will have in jan then otherwise

Coleman would love costa at everton lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back