Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Morning, lids. Just checking in and expressing gratitude again for the last few days. I don't want to make this thread all about me, so I'll stop posting so much after this, but I am very sincerely grateful.

I've stopped crying so much now, I can't change things as they are. I'll just ride out the next 3 weeks or so and collect myself after that to see where I go from there.

I have a lot of things going for me in my life; a lot of people who love me. It's just a shame I don't have the person I love the most.
To echo kithnou, keep posting in here whenever you need to.

If you need to pour your heart out or to vent or whatever else then this is the place to do it. So yeah, anyone here wants to support each other because hell knows we aren't all perfect and have our own issues. Just use this thread and remember there are people here, in writing mainly lol, but there are people here to support you the best we can.

Morning, lids. Just checking in and expressing gratitude again for the last few days. I don't want to make this thread all about me, so I'll stop posting so much after this, but I am very sincerely grateful.

I've stopped crying so much now, I can't change things as they are. I'll just ride out the next 3 weeks or so and collect myself after that to see where I go from there.

I have a lot of things going for me in my life; a lot of people who love me. It's just a shame I don't have the person I love the most.
don't worry about making the thread about you, I do it myself. if it helps then do it.

I think it's always handy to remind people, especially those that are new to the thread, that we aren't trained professionals and only offer advice based upon our own life experiences.

Everyone is welcome to respectfully contribute to the discussion but, if you are a person who is seeking advice, you need to consider that this thread is like talking to one of your mates. We have the best intentions for you, but trained Medical Professionals should always be consulted when decisions need to be made.

And Kudo's to GoT & the Mods for a wonderful, life affirming thread too!

Cheers everyone! ;)

Another new day. Things feeling less painful now, though any location/song/smell/taste will set off a memory and I'll get a trembling lip before bringing myself back from the brink.

I've psyched myself up enough to go and collect some clothes today and any other essentials before retreating back away.

It really is one day at a time. The cliches are cliches because there is some truth to it.

Another new day. Things feeling less painful now, though any location/song/smell/taste will set off a memory and I'll get a trembling lip before bringing myself back from the brink.

I've psyched myself up enough to go and collect some clothes today and any other essentials before retreating back away.

It really is one day at a time. The cliches are cliches because there is some truth to it.

If i can suggest one thing, try and say very little then while you are there.

Sounds heartless i know but trust me, one little thing may trigger an argument which i would assume you don't want. the little said the better, just being able to keep the calm and the mood would help the situation a hell of a lot. Think of it as respecting the ground between you rather than using any oppertunity to talk about the negatives which may seem helpful but in the long run may not be when the ultimate goal is you both sit down and realise the truth which ever way it falls, especially for your daughter.

By all means be dad whilst you are there, just stick to that and respect the situation.

If i can suggest one thing, try and say very little then while you are there.

Sounds heartless i know but trust me, one little thing may trigger an argument which i would assume you don't want. the little said the better, just being able to keep the calm and the mood would help the situation a hell of a lot. Think of it as respecting the ground between you rather than using any oppertunity to talk about the negatives which may seem helpful but in the long run may not be when the ultimate goal is you both sit down and realise the truth which ever way it falls, especially for your daughter.

By all means be dad whilst you are there, just stick to that and respect the situation.
Spot on. That's good advice when emotions are high.

This thread has caught my eye again..

As explained by many others, we're not professionals but the advice might be sound.

I've suffered from depression and, mainly, anxiety issues since I was about 15. If anyone wants a non-judgmental chat I'm happy to help!!

Mate, the support in here for me during the last week has been monumental. You've seen nothing like it.

To say I am appreciative would be a gross understatement.

Another night.

Going to sleep soon. Parents have been amazing.

Nothing more gutting than living with the folks when you have been self sufficient for 8 years, but they are gems.

Guilt, shame, regret, loss of dignity and pride...but by God are they pulling me through this.
That's it. The thing with family for most. Irritating as hell. But they are always (for the most) the one's to turn to when in need.
Good to read you aren't alone. They will help you through this ;)

This thread has caught my eye again..

As explained by many others, we're not professionals but the advice might be sound.

I've suffered from depression and, mainly, anxiety issues since I was about 15. If anyone wants a non-judgmental chat I'm happy to help!!
Great stuff my man.

Great to read again! Very proud of all you guys helping fellow Blues, and a few others, out ;)

I agree mate, but I think this kind of thing transcends being an Everton fan..

I just enjoy reading how people have helped others by just offering a sympathetic ear to them.

It's really quite nice.... (understatement but you know..)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back