Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Think this thread is great, only recently posted on it - to help Durham Toffee really - as it goes to show we can and do help our own as best we can and that others experience hopefully helps. Know I have been on the brink a few times over the years with relationship breakdowns, work stress, and awful financial problems . Discussion with others does help, wish I had asked for it/ known where to ask for it in the past.Believe in so many cliches now - take one day at a time, what doesn't destroy you makes you stronger, there's always someone worse off than yourself, to be true. It takes a lot of mental strength and character to recover from a relationship breakdown especially where kids are involved as you will need to stay in contact with that person for the rest of your life. The mixture of pain, guilt, shame, anger, grief, frustration, devastation is hard. I can only echo previous advice and wish you all the best DT and keep posting as this can help the process, just verbalising the huge array of thoughts that will be going through your head. Good luck

Think this thread is great, only recently posted on it - to help Durham Toffee really - as it goes to show we can and do help our own as best we can and that others experience hopefully helps. Know I have been on the brink a few times over the years with relationship breakdowns, work stress, and awful financial problems . Discussion with others does help, wish I had asked for it/ known where to ask for it in the past.Believe in so many cliches now - take one day at a time, what doesn't destroy you makes you stronger, there's always someone worse off than yourself, to be true. It takes a lot of mental strength and character to recover from a relationship breakdown especially where kids are involved as you will need to stay in contact with that person for the rest of your life. The mixture of pain, guilt, shame, anger, grief, frustration, devastation is hard. I can only echo previous advice and wish you all the best DT and keep posting as this can help the process, just verbalising the huge array of thoughts that will be going through your head. Good luck
Great post my man

feeling a bit peed off at the moment. not depressed or down. had my chemo deferred today due to low bloods and possible infection. no big deal I know but just dragging on and treatment gonna finish about a month later than it would have.

feeling a bit peed off at the moment. not depressed or down. had my chemo deferred today due to low bloods and possible infection. no big deal I know but just dragging on and treatment gonna finish about a month later than it would have.

Gutted for you. Keep strong can't even begin to imagine what it is like - physically and mentally. Wish I could give advice but thankfully no experience in anything like this

Hang in there my man.

It's hard to appreciate when you feel low, but waiting until your hb is higher (whether that be through a transfusion or not) will help your treatment in the long run.

Bummer mate, similar thing happened to a close mate last year with his treatment, which peed him off too. He got through by keeping himself as busy as he couid and using his time off to catch up with people, read and cane the box sets. I think its about trying to stay as positive as possible even if the natural inclination is to do the opposite .

Bummer mate, similar thing happened to a close mate last year with his treatment, which peed him off too. He got through by keeping himself as busy as he couid and using his time off to catch up with people, read and cane the box sets. I think its about trying to stay as positive as possible even if the natural inclination is to do the opposite .
did go to bed for a few hours this afternoon to get away from it all but i'm ok now. they managed to fit me in this Friday so not too long to wait. going on holiday in may so they going to put my last cycle back till I return.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back