Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

That is so true. About processed food.

Like most, we occasionally have a ready meal from a supermarket. If we then have another within a few days, I feel quite peeky.

Max out at 2 a month, cos they can be quite tasty, and sometime modern life makes then just convenient. But 90% of our meals are fresh, home made, and usually cheap as chips.

Like tonight, a cauli and broccoli cheese bake with bacon. Ace.

That is so true. About processed food.

Like most, we occasionally have a ready meal from a supermarket. If we then have another within a few days, I feel quite peeky.

Max out at 2 a month, cos they can be quite tasty, and sometime modern life makes then just convenient. But 90% of our meals are fresh, home made, and usually cheap as chips.

Like tonight, a cauli and broccoli cheese bake with bacon. Ace.

Totally agree mate, we've lost the ability to cook decent cheap food due to the pace of our lives and the fact that fast food is relatively cheap. Proper food combined with excercise is deffo beneficial for mind body and soul !

Totally agree mate, we've lost the ability to cook decent cheap food due to the pace of our lives and the fact that fast food is relatively cheap. Proper food combined with excercise is deffo beneficial for mind body and soul !

It is so easy as well. Me and Mrs R can easily feed ourselves really well, with decent fresh stuff on pretty much fresh air cost wise.

Like Sunday, we had a shoulder of lamb. £4.50. and a few pence on veg. Last night we had the remains of lamb in pitta bread with red onion and tzaziki and cabbage. £1.50.

Liver and onion on rice? The oxo cube for the gravey is the most expensive bit there!

Or 2 Tesco beef stew and dumplings? £7.00.

*scatches head*

Just had a kick around and gone right down hill. Feeling like I'm completely inferior to everyone/ everything right now. My psychiatrist has mentioned sometimes exercise can put your body in panic attack mode (ie. raised heartbeat/ shaking/ sweating) making your mind think it. Suddenly all of my dreams have come back to me with everyone disappearing. It feels like the world is doing things against me and I feel completely isolated. I don't want to talk about it because I don't know, but just need to put it in writing. I don't match up physically/ sexually/ monetarily/ humorously and in this state don't feel I can match anyone mentally. I'm destined to keep going around in this cycle alone. I know there are plenty around me but they just feel like people getting in my way and can't offer what I need. I don't know what I need though.

Just had a kick around and gone right down hill. Feeling like I'm completely inferior to everyone/ everything right now. My psychiatrist has mentioned sometimes exercise can put your body in panic attack mode (ie. raised heartbeat/ shaking/ sweating) making your mind think it. Suddenly all of my dreams have come back to me with everyone disappearing. It feels like the world is doing things against me and I feel completely isolated. I don't want to talk about it because I don't know, but just need to put it in writing. I don't match up physically/ sexually/ monetarily/ humorously and in this state don't feel I can match anyone mentally. I'm destined to keep going around in this cycle alone. I know there are plenty around me but they just feel like people getting in my way and can't offer what I need. I don't know what I need though.
Without wanting to sound condescending or unaware of your situation today, can we put it down to a bad day in the ups and downs of what you are going through in your life?

Keep in touch in here if you don't believe those around you understand or can help. And letting it out and realising from others in here your worth may be a start in helping you to feel better my man.

Chin up. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Hey Rhys, sometimes that's all you need to do. People here will respect that you just want to 'vent' your feelings but, like me, someone will reply. (You don't need to engage in conversation though. Use the thread as you see fit)

Also, you put something 'out there' anonymously, but you know you've got it out. You've told someone, but have avoided the sometimes hard conversation with those closest to you. I've mentioned before that this thread can be the sounding board for how you need to say something and you'll get honest feedback with no repercussions.

It can be interesting to come back to later when you're recovering and see how far you've come too. Keep fighting the good fight my Man! ;)

Without wanting to sound condescending or unaware of your situation today, can we put it down to a bad day in the ups and downs of what you are going through in your life?

Keep in touch in here if you don't believe those around you understand or can help. And letting it out and realising from others in here your worth may be a start in helping you to feel better my man.

Chin up. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Hey Rhys, sometimes that's all you need to do. People here will respect that you just want to 'vent' your feelings but, like me, someone will reply. (You don't need to engage in conversation though. Use the thread as you see fit)

Also, you put something 'out there' anonymously, but you know you've got it out. You've told someone, but have avoided the sometimes hard conversation with those closest to you. I've mentioned before that this thread can be the sounding board for how you need to say something and you'll get honest feedback with no repercussions.

It can be interesting to come back to later when you're recovering and see how far you've come too. Keep fighting the good fight my Man! ;)

Thank you both- Kithnou, not condescending at all. As you both say, letting it out is what I needed to do I think. I've been so up and down all night- one minute calm, next legs shaking, rocking, then crying, then normal again. I've shattered myself out now so I'm going to try sleep, which hasn't happened so far this week. Hope the dreams stay away. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Thanks guys.

Thank you both- Kithnou, not condescending at all. As you both say, letting it out is what I needed to do I think. I've been so up and down all night- one minute calm, next legs shaking, rocking, then crying, then normal again. I've shattered myself out now so I'm going to try sleep, which hasn't happened so far this week. Hope the dreams stay away. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Thanks guys.

Take care mate, sleep well, tomorrow will be a better day ;)

Good night. Take care. And if you're lying there awake, think of poor ol' mate down here in Oz just starting my work day. :(

:)lol:bye:

(I'm doing better with Smileys Esk!)

That's an incredible post, to condense your feelings and emotiions into one paragraph has taken some doing mate. I,m guessing that many posters on here have had days like you've obviously had today . Hopefully you'll get some sleep tonight and will feel in some way better in the morning. Please post and let us know how you are mate .

Don't know if i'm out of place in this thread as such but i've never really talked about this to anyone online, just maybe my now ex-girlfriend, so here I am.

Coming to a realisation that i've been a person that pretty much gets used almost 24/7 and my best traits aren't seen as such by my friends, or even ex-work mates, and are just abused. Genuinely over these past 2 years i'm thinking that they probably don't consider me as highly as I ever thought and whenever i've ever displayed or spoke about how unhappy I am in university/in general, it's thrown back in my face as though i'm being stupid or over-the-top. When genuinely on a day to day basis for as long as I can remember now, I feel down, very down. The only thing that excites me these days is literally Everton (not to sound cliche but it's true).

Been in an argument with one of my closest pals today only for him to say some relatively personal stuff, which I reciprocated - maybe I shouldn't have, but nevertheless it's only cemented my beliefs about them in the long term. I practically stayed for my second year in University because of them, despite wanting to leave desperately but being almost scared to let my parents, and them, down.

There are so many things I could go into in detail but it would take me forever and more to write, so I haven't. I know I'm not as bad off as other people at all, but for a long time i've felt particularly distant from myself and don't really know how to go about things anymore. :/

Don't know if i'm out of place in this thread as such but i've never really talked about this to anyone online, just maybe my now ex-girlfriend, so here I am.

Coming to a realisation that i've been a person that pretty much gets used almost 24/7 and my best traits aren't seen as such by my friends, or even ex-work mates, and are just abused. Genuinely over these past 2 years i'm thinking that they probably don't consider me as highly as I ever thought and whenever i've ever displayed or spoke about how unhappy I am in university/in general, it's thrown back in my face as though i'm being stupid or over-the-top. When genuinely on a day to day basis for as long as I can remember now, I feel down, very down. The only thing that excites me these days is literally Everton (not to sound cliche but it's true).

Been in an argument with one of my closest pals today only for him to say some relatively personal stuff, which I reciprocated - maybe I shouldn't have, but nevertheless it's only cemented my beliefs about them in the long term. I practically stayed for my second year in University because of them, despite wanting to leave desperately but being almost scared to let my parents, and them, down.

There are so many things I could go into in detail but it would take me forever and more to write, so I haven't. I know I'm not as bad off as other people at all, but for a long time i've felt particularly distant from myself and don't really know how to go about things anymore. :/
feel free to write more any time you want. just a bit here and a bit there. there will be days when you feel you don't have to share with people. there will be days when you just want the world to know how you feel. we are always here to lend a listening ear. good luck, pob lwc.

Mate, feelings of inferiority can be very prevalent in men, more especially - it would seem - in this modern age. You undoubtedly have feelings of persecution, casting others as actively seeking to ruin you. Uncomfortable as it might be for you to confront it, there may be a tendency for you to believe that people would do anything to make you feel lesser than them and, again, this perpetuates your desire to remove yourself from social situations. Try not to refuse to listen to anything positive about yourself. You are probably doing that because it is inconsistent with your emotional state and feelings - how can anyone possibly see any good in me!?

Without putting words into your mouth, you probably believe that you are not as interesting or intelligent as others, and consequently consider other people have the same feeling about you...

You should try to develop techniques that will better help you internalise and process these instances when people try to flatter you or give you a pat on the back for the achievements or attributes you display.

At the moment, your base emotional state is like teflon - anything positive seems to slide off...but criticism, or perceived criticism sticks and that is getting to be a heavy load now.

I hope I haven't condascended you, mate. Hope I can help in any way.

As cliched as it sounds, you need to start surrounding yourself with people who do make you feel loved and happy. If there are people in your life who you have identified as using you, that is a hugely important step for you and you have already begun putting steps into place for repairing your self-esteem. It is obvious to me that in doing this, you have started a concerted effort to rid the negative elements from your life and allow yourself time to grow, away from that overpowering influence.

If you had, as of yet, been unable to see these people for what they were, that would have been more concerning. Now you've just got to keep going without these people and really focus on those influences in your life that build you up. Engage in hobbies, make time to see people who make you feel good about yourself. But be careful not to always pursue positive experiences - you need to know that you have the resilience to overcome barriers and stand up for yourself from time to time.

You'll become a stronger individual for it in the end.

Good luck.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back