Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

How do you fellas find exercise helps your mood? I don't think I've ever come back from a bike ride in a worse mood than when I left. Even in the snow or driving rain it's always a mood booster. If you're interested, and haven't stumbled across it, we've got a thread for all of that where you can get some help, advice, motivation etc.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/got-fitness-log.26626/page-268

How do you fellas find exercise helps your mood? I don't think I've ever come back from a bike ride in a worse mood than when I left. Even in the snow or driving rain it's always a mood booster. If you're interested, and haven't stumbled across it, we've got a thread for all of that where you can get some help, advice, motivation etc.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/got-fitness-log.26626/page-268

It's the best, absolutely only thing i can hang my hat on say it helps. Pills & potions may work for some people, going for a swim, a long walk or wearing tight lycra and going for a cycle with the butler helps others, i suppose. :D

It's the best, absolutely only thing i can hang my hat on say it helps. Pills & potions may work for some people, going for a swim, a long walk or wearing tight lycra and going for a cycle with the butler helps others, i suppose. :D

You haven't seen what Alfred wears!

male-butler-costume.jpg

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/pages/exercise-for-depression.aspx

It has long been known that regular exercise is good for our physical health. It can reduce the risk of cancer, heart disease and strokes.

In recent years, studies have shown that regular physical activity also has benefits for our mental health. Exercise can help people with depression and prevent them becoming depressed in the first place.

I made a big shift in this a year ago. I've always struggled with exercise and sticking to a program. I'm an athlete and a competitor, but exercise programs always bored me to tears. I started doing Diamond Dallas Page's (yes, the old wrestler) yoga program and it made my back, hurt in a car accident 25 years ago, better than it's been in 20 years. That alone has kept me diligent and I've found that now that it's part of my routine it calms me and gets me ready for the day emotionally, as well. I never really experienced that feeling before, because I never stuck with anything long enough.

I'd highly recommend that and a better diet for anyone. It's amazing the types of [Poor language removed] that is in our food now that didn't used to be. All sorts of genetically modified crap that's been linked to depression & illness.

One thing that's tough for us older guys, say 40 and up, to understand is that the mac and cheese, cereal, and other stuff we used to eat isn't the same as it was when we were kids. Back then, it may not have been good for you, but it was made from real ingredients. Now, everything is processed with so many additives to maintain shelf-life and keep it cheap that it's not even really food anymore. It just looks like it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back